McNamara is currently one of the Warriors assistant coaches.an independent review conducted after last years Four Nations and that’s where it was identified that in order for us to have a winning culture and ultimately give us the best shot at winning the Rugby League World Cup, there was a need for greater leadership, both on and off the field. So, this has been my opportunity to lead in that department, and I’m doing that by surrounding myself with the best in the business,’ Kidwell said of his new appointments.’Shane knows what it takes to build a lasting committed culture, as well as what it takes to win, having been the CEO at South Sydney for eleven years, including 2014 when they won the Premiership.”Steve has spent time as an assistant at both the Sydney Roosters as well as now at the Warriors, but he also knows International Rugby League having been the Great Britain assistant and the England Head Coach.’The former Australia coach Wayne Bennett, who is also the England coach, has previously assisted at the Kiwis.
Photo: NRL (Paul Vaughan has been in great form for the Dragons this year. Credit: Grant Trouville). Vaughan has played every game for the Dragons since joining at the beginning of the year, having played 95 games in the NRL overall.The Italian international’s strong season so far has seen him play for the NRL All Stars and Country Origin, while he remains in contention to play State of Origin for New South Wales in the coming weeks.The 26-year-old said re-signing so soon after joining the Dragons has done wonders for his confidence. “At the start of the season I wanted to start afresh and prove myself all over again. That was one of the biggest things I needed to do,” Vaughan said.”I think I’m halfway to doing that – I just need to keep playing consistent football.”I’ve always said I wanted to stay here for as long as I can so with this deal I won’t be off-contract again until I’m in my 30s.”St George Illawarra Director of Rugby League Pathways Ian Millward said Vaughan’s extension was crucial for future success.”We’ve identified him as a future leader and we’ve also been impressed by the way he’s integrated and interacted with the younger forwards,” Millward said.”Paul has been a tremendous acquisition to the Dragons. By re-signing him, it was a good opportunity to get stability in our forward pack and have that platform there for our halves.”Vaughan’s re-signing is an additional positive for the Dragons following Russell Packer’s decision to take up a four-year deal at the Wests Tigers from next season.Millward said the Dragons’ decision not to match the four-year deal was largely due to the younger players coming through the club’s development pathways. Vaughan’s decision to remain follows the likes of Jack de Belin, Jacob Host, Blake Lawrie, Reece Robson, Luciano Leilua and Tyson Frizell re-signing with the Dragons in recent months.They will be joined by Tariq Sims, Hame Sele, Josh Kerr, Leeson Ah Mau, Cameron McInnes and Joel Thompson at the Dragons beyond the 2017 season.
In shooting, there will be two gold medals up for grabs in the men’s and women’s 10m air pistol event.The women’s final takes place at 11:15 at the June Valley Shooting Range, with the men’s final following at 15:30.There will be four gold medals awarded in Va’a (canoeing) in the men’s and women’s 1500m and 500m V6 events, which start at 12:00 at the Naval Base.The women’s and men’s team table tennis finals will take place at the Caritas Technical Secondary School at East Boroko at 14:30 and 17:00.Swimmers will be vying for seven gold medals in the pool starting at 18:01 at the BSP Arena (Taurama Aquatic Centre).Events in swimming include the men’s 50m backstroke, the women’s 100m freestyle and the men’s and women’s 4x100m freestyle relay.
The injuries have marked Raphael Varane’s career. But there is one that the French central Real Madrid will never forget. It happened on May 11, 2013. That day, with Pepe punished for publicly censoring Mourinho for his stance regarding Casillas (“You have to have a little more respect for Iker), the Portuguese coach gave him the title and broke the right meniscus. A lesion much more complicated than it seemed at first because what was damaged was the external meniscus and not the internal. “72% of the external meniscus was removed, more or less,” he revealed in The spar. The shadow of that injury plans on Varane whenever, after chaining four or five games, he stops. But the Frenchman has already assured on more than one occasion that it is already perfect. Injuries have haunted him since his stage in France and that has strengthened him mentally- “We have to find solutions to solidify, to strengthen the injury and mentally, so as not to be afraid of coming into contact or doing certain careers, certain jumps. You have to take advantage of these stops to be stronger mentally and physically, to work on things where you don’t have time to work when you train and play all the time. The injury should not be seen as a waste of time, but rather as a time when you can work on something else and strengthen elsewhere, “says Onze Mondial.” Is the injury random? “They ask. French reveals: “Yes, that is the feeling I had. I kept looking to change certain things, certain habits. For 23 years I had the same breakfast. For one night I told myself that it didn’t work, that I was injured and changed (smiles). I changed some habits like that overnight. I looked, I looked. And right now, I’m doing pretty well, and I keep looking, improving all the time. “Varane’s daily work is also focused on prevention: “I work more on deep things: posture, joints, general balance … It really compensates the muscles. I try to anticipate where I might have tension and when I have it in certain places, the idea is to eliminate it as soon as possible, before the muscle suffers. “This season, the Frenchman has not suffered any injuries …
However, in the summer of 2018 one of the most remembered transfers of recent times would be officially made, when Cristiano left Real Madrid to leave for Italy, to sign his new contract and thus become a new player of the Juventus A signing that, without a doubt, turned the whole of Turin into one of the great candidates to be European champions and left, on the other hand, a worrying vacancy in Madridist terms to cover an exit of such magnitudes. Cristiano Ronaldo is considered one of the best players on the planet. His scoring figures in the last decade allow him to be among the top scorers in history, and therefore it is normal that his market value, despite being 34 years old, remains high.His stage at Real Madrid raised him to football skies. There, in the Santiago Bernabéu, it was where he wrote the most glorious pages of his sports career, where he got the most prestigious records, and where he signed the largest volume of trophies as a professional footballer. Its output has resulted in sports downturn, but also in market value downturn. The latest update of the Transfermarkt specialized website confirms it again. If recent analyzes confirm that Cristiano Ronaldo bargains less than in Real Madrid and, in turn, his scoring figures are below those he used to in the white team, now, in economic terms he has starred in his third decline in market value of consecutive way. Curiously, all after leaving Real Madrid to go to Juventus.When it militated in the white set its market value was established around 100 million euros. But once in Series A, its market value already suffered the first drop, when it fell to 90 million euros. A downfall nothing important, nothing worrisome, but that now, after the last update, has undergone a new devaluation in the market that leads it to be currently valued at 75 million euros. It meansn season and a half its market value has dropped from 100 to 75 million euros.He remains a decisive striker. Maintains high scoring figures. But its effectiveness is no longer outstanding and its scoring figures are already remarkable and not excellent. A sporting context that has been directly reflected in economic terms and, for the third consecutive time, its market price has fallen again. Such is the case that it has already been established in values similar to those of his arrival at Real Madrid, before his great explosion, before living the best sports stage of his professional career.
The presentation of the subsequent version of Barcelona Open Financial institution of Sabadell match, which needed to happen tomorrow Tuesday at the Barcelona Metropolis Council, has been postponed “as a result of of the newest information in relation to COVID-19 “, though right this moment the celebration of the match stays” on scheduled dates. “This was confirmed by the group of the Conde de Godó match via an announcement. The presentation was to be held tomorrow Tuesday at the Saló of Cent of the consistory of Barcelona. In any case, from the match group they maintain the dates initially deliberate for the match dispute (April 18 to 26).“Each the match group and native, nationwide and worldwide authorities, together with the ATP, They’re carefully monitoring the occasions to ensure the well being of each athletes and spectators and followers always, in addition to of the normal inhabitants“, says the assertion.The group will examine a brand new date for the presentation of the match, “always following the indications of each the ATP and of the competent authorities “.
The Scottish Football Association (SFA) announced this Thursday through an official statement that will postpone its competitions until “at least” next June 10, time in which all their meetings will be suspended due to the pandemic caused by the coronavirus.Initially, the institution chaired by Rod Petrie stopped competitions last March 13 to April 30.However, now, for at least three months, no soccer match will be played and this week the SFA member clubs will vote on the end of the course in the lower categories. “The message is very clear. The government restrictions introduced to save lives must be complied with and there is no prospect of an early resumption of training, let alone organized football in Scotland for several weeks, “said Petrie.“The decision to suspend all football until at least June 10 is to help clubs ensure safety and well-being from players, staff and fans, as well as taking steps to mitigate their costs, “he added.“Scottish football applauds all those working in Scotland’s NHS (National Health System) and healthcare sector and should not be an additional burden at a time when its resources are being tested to the present day. limit because of the Covid-19 “, ended.
“In this period I talk a lot with my colleagues, we are very close. I hope to finish Serie A well to conquer a place in the Spanish team, especially for the Eurocup“Luis Alberto said in an interview on the official Lazio website.“I will try to come back even stronger than before, but the important thing at the moment is health. I thank the fans for the support, “he added.The Spanish, who scored four goals and offered twelve assists in Serie A, He continues training at his Roman home with his wife to arrive prepared when the competition resumes, which has been interrupted since March 9 because of the coronavirus. The Spanish Luis Alberto, Lazio midfield leader, He expressed this Thursday his desire to return to compete in the A series and he recognized that he wants to end the year well to get the call of Luis Enrique in the Spanish team. His Lazio is second, just one point away from the leader Juventus Turin, and Luis Alberto wants to give everything to be crowned champion of Italy.“I am eager to play again, At the moment I train in my gym and run. What I want is to win trophies. Now we are second and we must fight to the end, “said the Andalusian midfielder.“The comeback against Atalanta (from 0-3 to 3-3 on Matchday 8) has changed our season. He gave us enthusiasm for the following matches, which we ultimately won (against Fiorentina, Torino and Milan), “he added.After the comeback against Atalanta, Simone Inzaghi’s team has added 16 victories and two draws in the following 18 matches until they placed just one point from the lead.Luis Alberto’s great performances also favored the brilliant season of Ciro Immobile, who scored 27 goals and he is on his way to beat the record for goals in a Serie A season that belongs to the Argentine Gonzalo Higuaín (36).“Immobile should give me a gift. You will have to spend a lot, maybe you can buy me a watch. I hope he scores 40 goals as soon as possible, “joked the Andalusian.
Windies embrace fans in fun day MELBOURNE, Australia (CMC): West Indies players brought smiles to the faces of thousands of fans as they participated in the annual Family Day at the G event at the Melbourne Cricket Ground yesterday. The day of fun was geared toward young fans and over 4,000 turned up at the iconic venue to be part of the festivities. The Australian team also participated as players signed autographs and took photographs. “It was a fantastic event for the players and the fans,” West Indies team spokesman Philip Spooner said. “The players were all delighted to see so many cricket lovers, young and old, from all walks of life and from several parts of the world, who came out to see the training session, and then participate in the day’s activities. “It was a great day with excellent weather at the MCG, as we build up to the Test match this weekend.” Father blocks player’s transfer to Liverpool BELGRADE, Serbia (AP): Marko Grujic may not be signing a seven million euros ($7.6 million) contract with Liverpool after all. The reason: His father keeps his passport. Red Star Belgrade, the 19-year-old Serbian midfielder’s club, has reportedly agreed on a five-year deal and he was to travel to Liverpool for medical check-ups. Grujic’s father, however, says he should remain at Red Star until the end of the season when his price will be bigger. “His passport is with me and he is not going anywhere,” Goran Grujic told Belgrade media. He accused Red Star management of forcing his son to leave because of the club’s deep financial problems. Red Star says in a statement yesterday that if it doesn’t get the funds from Grujic’s transfer, the club will collapse financially. Smith lifts Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy SYDNEY, Australia (CMC): Australia Test captain, Steve Smith, has captured the Sir Garfield Sobers Trophy after being honoured as the ICC Cricketer of the Year for 2015. Smith, 26, was the leading run-scorer in Tests during the period under consideration, compiling 1,734 runs from 13 Tests at an average of 82.57, with seven centuries and six half-centuries. He also gathered 1,249 runs at an average of just under 60, with four centuries and eight half-centuries from 26 one-day internationals. “Given that there are so many great players around the world, I’m incredibly honoured to receive these awards,” Smith said. “While team success is always my number-one motivation, awards like this are very special. I’m thrilled and very proud to receive them.” Meanwhile, South African AB de Villiers was voted ICC ODI Player of the Year, while fellow countryman Faf du Plessis won the Twenty20 International Performance of the Year for his 119 off 56 balls against West Indies in the second Twenty20 in Johannesburg last January.
It was an emotional night for Calabar High School’s coach, Ludlow Barker, after watching his team hold off Ardenne High to win back-to-back Under-19 ISSA National Basketball Championship titles, following a 62-52 overtime win at the G.C. Foster College auditorium on Tuesday evening.Led by a game-high 28 points from MVP Maliek McCarthy and 13 points from Jevaun Faulder, Calabar High shrugged off a fourth-quarter surge from the Basil Barrett-coached Ardenne before going on to dominate overtime 12-4.Justin Rhoden was Ardenne’s top scorer with 15 points.However, in his post-match interview, Calabar High’s coach, Barker, could not restrain the tears as emotions overwhelmed him while he piled praises on his players for their sacrifice on the road to winning back-to-back Southern Conference and national championship honours.”I know these players,” said a tearful Barker. “When they commit to do the work, they come up trumps. I believe in them; they believe in me. I just love these players. I love coaching the school because they have heart and soul.TOP COACH, PLAYERS”They (players) say they have a top coach, but I say I have top players – the greatest players in the world – and I’d never exchange them for anything,” he stated.”Winning back-to-back South Conference titles was going to be tough, but winning back-to-back all-island was going to be harder. We had to have a lot of self-discipline and play good defence.”After an evenly contested first quarter (12-12), Calabar High captured the second period 11-7 to lead 23-19 at half-time. They continued to hold the ascendancy after taking the third quarter 17-14, but in the final quarter, Ardenne upped their game a couple of notches and Calabar High could find no answer as the Basil Barrett-coached team were hitting shots from all angles and range. In the final analysis, Ardenne High won the period 15-8 to be tied 48-48 at the final whistle.However, in overtime, Ardenne did not know what hit them as Calabar High came out firing and easily captured the period 12-4 for a convincing win.”My team held its nerve when it went to overtime. They were still feeling good about themselves even though they gave up the lead,” Barker admitted. “We didn’t lose concentration. We stuck to the game plan and we supported each other, and defensively, we did an excellent job. So to repeat at this level is quite a joy.”In the junior final, St George’s College avenged their Southern Conference final defeat to St Catherine High with a 54-47 win.Jordon Gilles with 17 points and Nathan Reid (10 points) were the top scorers for St George’s. Shevran Williams was St Catherine’s top scorer with 13 points.