WATERBURY, Vt.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMCR) today announced that management is scheduled to make a presentation regarding the Company on Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at the Piper Jaffray Consumer Conference in New York City.About Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc.As a leader in the specialty coffee industry, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMCR) is recognized for its award-winning coffees, innovative brewing technology, and socially responsible business practices. GMCR’s operations are managed through two business units. The Specialty Coffee business unit produces coffee, tea and hot cocoa from its family of brands, including Tully’s Coffee®, Green Mountain Coffee® and Newman’s Own® Organics coffee. The Keurig business unit is a pioneer and leading manufacturer of gourmet single-cup brewing systems. K-Cup® portion packs for Keurig® Single-Cup Brewers are produced by a variety of licensed brands, including Green Mountain Coffee and Tully’s Coffee. GMCR supports local and global communities by offsetting 100% of its direct greenhouse gas emissions, investing in Fair Trade Certified™ coffee, and donating at least five percent of its pre-tax profits to social and environmental projects. Visit www.GreenMountainCoffee.com(link is external) and www.Keurig.com(link is external) for more information.GMCR routinely posts information that may be of importance to investors in the Investor Services section of its web site, including news releases and its complete financial statements, as filed with the SEC. The Company encourages investors to consult this section of its web site regularly for important information and news. Additionally, by subscribing to the Company’s automatic email news release delivery, individuals can receive news directly from GMCR as it is released.
Amir died the following day at around 8:15 a.m. He was 60.The State Palace announced on March 14 that Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi had tested positive for COVID-19. He was the first Indonesian official to be diagnosed with the contagious respiratory disease.Budi, who has long struggled with asthma, was directly involved in the evacuation process of 238 Indonesians from the epicenter of the virus outbreak in Wuhan, China, as well as 257 Indonesians from the virus-stricken World Dream and Diamond Princess cruise ships.The minister’s health is reportedly improving as he undergoes medical treatment at the Gatot Subroto Army Hospital (RSPAD) in Jakarta. “He’s getting better every day,” Transportation Ministry spokesperson Adita Irawati said recently, confirming that Budi was in stable condition.Before being hospitalized, Budi attended a cabinet meeting led by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on March 11. After the announcement that Budi had tested positive, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and his Cabinet were also tested for the disease. Jokowi announced earlier this week that he and his wife, First Lady Iriana, had tested negative. The test results of the other ministers have yet to be announced.Adita announced on Tuesday that another high-ranking official at the Transportation Ministry had also been diagnosed with the new coronavirus.”The Transportation Ministry’s railway director general, Zulfikri, has been tested positive for COVID-19. He’s now in good condition and undergoing self-quarantine [at home].”Zulfikri and other officials at the ministry were given swab tests on March 18.The director general separately confirmed that he was self-isolating at home. Before taking the test, he had undergone treatment at Eka Hospital in South Tangerang, Banten, from March 9 to 13. He was initially diagnosed with pneumonia. “I encourage those who had physical contact with me recently [and] show symptoms of COVID-19 to immediately undergo a medical checkup to break the transmission chain,” Zulfikri said Tuesday. Also on Tuesday, West Java Governor Ridwan Kamil announced that Karawang Regent Cellica Nurrachadiana had COVID-19. Three top officials from the province have now tested positive. The other two are Bogor Mayor Bima Arya and Bandung Deputy Mayor Yana Mulyana. Read also: Greater Jakarta failing as floodgate to nationwide COVID-19 epidemicBima took a swab test on March 17 after returning from a work-related trip to Turkey the previous day. Prior to the trip, he reportedly attended a seminar in Bogor, which has been scrutinized following reports that four participants had tested positive for COVID-19. Two have died at Moewardi Regional Hospital in Surakarta, Central Java. Yana, meanwhile, attended an event held by the Indonesian Young Entrepreneurs Association in Karawang on March 9-10 prior to showing symptoms, including fever, dry cough and shortness of breath.West Java was among the worst-hit areas in Indonesia. It reported 60 confirmed cases on Tuesday, with 10 deaths. Jakarta topped the list with 424 positive cases and 31 deaths, followed by Banten with 65 cases and 4 deathsAs of Tuesday, Indonesia has reported 686 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 55 deaths. Topics : At least five high-ranking central and regional government officials have tested positive for COVID-19 as of Tuesday.Meanwhile, two others who had yet to be tested died on Monday after reportedly showing symptoms of the disease: the Industry Ministry’s metal, machinery, transportation equipment and electronic industry (ILMATE) director general, Harjanto, and the ministry’s expert staff member, Amir Sambodo. Harjanto died at Medistra Hospital in Jakarta on Monday at around 9:30 p.m. The 58-year old suffered from shortness of breath prior to the death, Industry Ministry spokesperson Krisna Sulistyani said Tuesday as reported by kompas.com.
Statewide—The Indiana State Department of Health has reported that 740 additional Hoosiers have been diagnosed with COVID-19 as of Wednesday. A total of 69,975 Indiana residents have tested positive for the coronavirus. To date, 792,225 individual tests have been reported to ISDH at an 8.8% positive rate and 12 new deaths were reported for a total of 2,805 Hoosiers have died to date.Locally Dearborn County has a total of 477 cases and 28 deaths reported (up 4 new cases), Decatur County has a total of 322 positive cases and 32 deaths (up 4 new cases), Franklin County has 231 positive cases and 13 deaths (up 2 new cases and 2 new deaths), and Ripley County has 194 positive cases and 7 deaths (up 4 new cases). This is an increase of 14 new positive cases and 2 deaths locally.
Asks Daniel HaynesIN EXACTLY seven days, Guyana will begin their journey for basketball gold when they play their first game in three games at the Inter-Guiana Goodwill Games. However, the question remains: Is there enough time to select a 12-man team from a 21-man squad and have them game-ready. The first squad initially comprised 16 players selected by National team coaches Junior Hercules and Naylon Loncke over two days of trials from October 1 to October 2, during the play of the National Schools Basketball Festival (NSBF). This first squad was later amended by the Guyana Amateur Basketball Federation (GABF) upon clarification by GABF president Nigel Hinds.“We, the GABF, made changes to the squad to encompass more Kwakwani and Linden players, after watching the Schools Basketball Festival which Kwakwani went on to win.” Hinds went on to clarify that it was the opinion of the Federation that the new squad would provide the best opportunity for the National team to be selected.The Guyana Chronicle was able to speak with selector and head coach Junior Hercules on the changes made to his squad.“I was given two days to shortlist a team, during the period of the school games and it wasn’t communicated that the school games would have a weigh-in. I believe that if that was the case we should have deferred the selection process,” said Hercules.Hercules was also of the opinion that he and Loncke shortlisted the best team during the selection period. “It was based on several criteria which took into account the individual talents of the players as well as their ability to fit into a system and play cohesively.”The time period, however, to choose a 12-man squad, soon ends for Hercules who feels he has been placed in a tight position, since he will be narrowing down the 21 players to 12 on Sunday.“It is a bit disadvantageous and it has left us with a shorter timespan since of the 16 we had 9 guaranteed players and a remaining 3 who were ‘maybes’ while the other 4 were backups,” said Hercules.In the past national teams have had over one week to practise offensive and defensive sets while working on their fitness. This time, the coaching staff will be dealing not just with the task of finding the right fit, but getting that right fit to comprehensively learn systems in time for their first game next Friday night.The 21-man squad go into encampment tonight, with their first training session from 19:00hrs to 21:00hrs.
The Lion Country Safari announced the reopening of its drive-thru safari.The zoo was forced to shut down in March due to the coronavirus pandemic.The announcement for the reopening was made on Wednesday.The zoo’s drive-thru will reopen on Thursday, May 7 from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with the last car admitted at 4:30 p.m.Zoo officials said tickets must be pre-purchased and are only valid for the drive-thru on the selected date.The walk-thru park will remained closed.
Exercise rider Willie Delgado, center, leads Kentucky Derby winner California Chrome to his stable as trainer Art Sherman, right, watches after a workout at Pimlico Race Course in Baltimore, Thursday, May 15, 2014. The Preakness Stakes horse race is scheduled to take place May 17. (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky)BALTIMORE (AP) — If trainer Art Sherman coughed, no one would care. When his horse coughs, that’s news.Kentucky Derby winner California Chrome coughed after training Thursday, leaving open the possibility the horse wouldn’t be in top shape for Saturday’s Preakness.Sherman’s veterinarian discovered that the colt had a small blister in his throat. Nothing a little mouthwash couldn’t fix.“California Chrome is fine. His throat is fine. He had a little tickle,” said assistant trainer Alan Sherman, Art’s son. “He is not scratching from the Preakness. He is fine. I don’t know why it was blown out of proportion.”California Chrome is being treated with a glycerin throat wash.Now that you know that, here are five more things to ponder about the Preakness:BAD TRIP: Whether it’s a crowded field or just bad luck, Ride On Curlin can’t seem to get a smooth trip around the track.Trainer Billy Gowan bemoaned the unfortunate situation and remained hopeful that a reversal of fortune would improve his seventh-place finish in the Derby.“We just have to get a good trip,” Gowan said. “I think he’s a good horse. I think that’s all we need. And if Chrome stubs his toe a little bit, well that would help.”This is the first Preakness for Gowan, whose horse will be attempting to get into the winner’s circle for the first time in five races since Jan. 14.“There’s only one chance to run in the Preakness,” Gowan said. “The Derby didn’t take much out of him. He’s given me all the signs he wants to run.”ONE IS THE LONELIEST: Dynamic Impact won the Illinois Derby from the No. 1 post position, and that’s where he will be starting Saturday.Problem is, the rail has not been kind to horses in the Preakness.The last 3-year-old to win from the No. 1 post was Tabasco Cat in 1994. Before that, Bally Ache in 1960.Dynamic Impact trainer Mark Casse, another first-timer at the Preakness said, “Things have to go our way and he has to save ground and then move out at some point. We will be closely watching the earlier races, and there could be some last-minute changes in our strategy.”The post position that has produced the most wins, by the way, is No. 6.NEW SHOOTERS: California Chrome, Ride On Curlin and General a Rod are the only three horses to go from the Derby to the Preakness this year.“I don’t know why everybody skipped this race and is pointing toward the Belmont,” said Ron Paolucci, co-owner of Ria Antonia. “There was a lot of bouncing around at the Derby. I think people believe California Chrome is more vulnerable going a mile-and-a-half than a mile-and-3/16ths on this type of track.”The last newcomer to win the Preakness was Rachel Alexandra in 2009, the only horse in Preakness history to win from the 13th post.SPEEED THRILLS: Social Inclusion, the second-favorite in field, has led to gate to wire in his two wins and burst to the lead in his other race, the Wood Memorial, before fading to third.The lightly raced colt is expected to set the pace in the Preakness, too.“We’ll be in good position in the early stages,” owner Ron Sanchez said. “I didn’t like being on the outside in the Wood, but the Pimlico front stretch is a little bit longer. My horse is more experienced now and he is multi-faceted. He has speed and strength.”Sanchez added: “He’s going to finish. In the Wood, the track didn’t help him. This time the track is going to help us.”ODDS AND ENDS: Keep in mind that if California Chrome wins the Preakness, there is no guarantee he will become the first Triple Crown winner since Affirmed in 1978. Thirty-three horses have won the Derby and Preakness, but only 11 backed that up with a win in the Belmont.The largest margin of victory in the Preakness was 11 ½ lengths, by Smarty Jones in 2004. He broke the record of 10 lengths, set by Survivor in 1873.If 30-1 long shot Ria Antonia wins Saturday, she could provide her backers the biggest payday in Preakness history. The record is held by Master Derby in 1975, a 23-1 shot that paid $48.80 to win.
Image Courtesy: Getty/PTIAdvertisement 9zfq1NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs91svp9nWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre En6bn3l( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) a4diWould you ever consider trying this?😱fnhcCan your students do this? 🌚obydcRoller skating! Powered by Firework As the World Test Championship will kick off from 2023, the International Cricket Council(ICC) is already discussing on a reduction of the duration of tests from the current five days to four days. While The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) has spoken in favour of the four day tests, there have been a rise of counter arguments, with many preferring the legacy duration of five days. Now, Board of Control for Cricket (BCCI) president Sourav Ganguly has opened up on the matter.Advertisement Image Courtesy: Getty/PTIStarting from the 2023 World Test Championship, ICC is likely to trim down all further test series duration in the next decade, in an attempt to reduce the strain on cricketers they they usually face in a five day cycle.However, Ganguly believes at present, it is still very early to comment anything about the possible shortening of tests.Advertisement “First we will have to see the proposal, let it come and then we will see. It’s too early to say. Can’t comment just like this.” Dada spoke to reporters in an interview at Eden Gardens.Reminding the success of the Day Night test cricket, it too was subjected to criticism at an early stage. However, in the long run, day night tests have increased the inclination towards the game format, which turned out more spectators in test matches. The issue of bad lighting in matches is also gone, with the usage of floodlights during night time.Advertisement Although sounding new, the idea of a four day test has been tried and tested in the past. South Africa and Zimbabwe tried the concept for the first time in the history of the game in 2017.The most recent one took place between England and Ireland last summer. The test ended on day three, but an extension of 30 minutes was allotted on each day, that increased the total overs to be bowled to 98 from the usual 90.The England and Wales Cricket Board has come forward with a support for the idea of four day tests. “We’re definite proponents of the four-day Test concept but cautiously so,” an ECB spokesperson said in a recent interview.“We understand it’s an emotive topic for players, fans and others who have concerns about challenging the heritage of Test cricket,” the spokesperson added.While reducing the complexity of year around schedule of teams and also the workloads on players, the idea of four day tests will also free up around an estimated 40 days in a calendar year.Also read-An early look into the World Test Championship tableSA captain Faf du Plessis against idea of Super Series between Big 3 teams Advertisement