Attorney General William H Sorrell announced today that Vermont will receive approximately $74,000 as part of a national settlement totaling $600 million based on whistleblower complaints that pharmaceutical manufacturer Allergan, Inc., and Allergan USA, Inc. illegally marketed the drug Botox for uses not approved by the FDA.Specifically, the complaints alleged that Allergan engaged in a nation-wide off-label marketing campaign to get physicians to prescribe Botox for headache, pain, overactive bladder, and spasticity. The marketing campaign included funding continuing medical education programs at which Botox was promoted off-label, and providing physicians with ‘free’ reimbursement services at which they were coached to use improper billing codes.Allergan’s marketing campaign led to overutilization of Botox for medically unnecessary purposes. In addition to civil penalties, Allergan will plead guilty to a misdemeanor violation of the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, and pay criminal fines and forfeiture. Allergan will also enter into a Corporate Integrity Agreement with the federal government to closely monitor the company’s future marketing practices. Source: VAG. 1.13.2011
Sources say Chinese regulators to limit use of green bonds for ‘clean coal’ projects FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Reuters:Chinese regulators are close to releasing new “green bond” standards that would exclude polluting fossil fuel projects from corporate financing channels designed to lift environmental standards, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.Beijing has in recent years promoted new green financing methods to help industry pay for its transition to cleaner modes of growth. But China’s inclusion of “clean coal” in a 2015 central bank list of technologies eligible for green bonds has put the country at odds with global standards, a point of contention for some international investors and many environmental groups.Two sources with direct knowledge of the situation say China’s central bank, which regulates financial institution debt issuance and whose 2015 guidelines were adopted by other market regulators, has already revised the eligibility list. One of the people said the list is due to be published later this month. The People’s Bank of China did not immediately respond to Reuters’ request for comment.“If confirmed, ending the policy of financing coal with green bonds would be a much-needed step in the right direction,” said Liu Jinyan, senior campaigner with environmental group Greenpeace in Beijing. “With no new coal projects taking money from the green bonds market, those funds can actually accelerate China’s energy transition and green development,” she said.Of the $42.8 billion worth of green bonds issued in China last year, only $31.2 billion would have met global criteria, according to a report published at the end of February by the Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI), a non-profit group backing green bond standards. The share of what CBI calls “internationally aligned” green bonds has been steadily increasing as China’s institutions move to align themselves more with global markets.More: China to cut coal from new green bond standards: sources
Organized by the Municipality of Tučepi and the Agency for Event Management and Experience Tourism, EX-ALTO, an expert meeting was organized this Thursday at the TUI BLUE Jadran Hotel in Tučepi “Tucepi & Makarska Riviera – destinations for sustainable tourism”In addition to representatives of local authorities Tučepi, tourist board, representatives and hoteliers from Tučepi, the meeting was attended by guests from the entire Makarska Riviera: WOT Hotels Croatia Nikolina Misir and Damir Lukić, Jakša Medić, President of Hotels Baška Voda, Zrinko Kamber, President Medora hotels and resorts, directors of tourist boards of the municipalities of Podgora and Baška voda, as well as organizers of the Makarska Jazz Festival, and many others. In addition to sustainability, the topic of the conference included the organization of tourist events, their measurability, success and efficiency. The goals that should and could be achieved for further development of the experiential offer of Tucepi, but also the entire Makarska Riviera, are highlighted, such as timely planning, expansion of thematic content from one place on the Riviera to the entire Riviera and transparent work on a single calendar of events for Makarska Riviera.Nikolina Misir, director of World Of TUI Hotels Croatia, pointed out that she was satisfied with the results of the season and added that TUI BLUE Jadran is a new product and still has a lot of potential for growth, especially in the off-season. “The average price of a high-class hotel room is influenced by the location itself, but also by the destination as a whole, so more active cooperation of the hotel with representatives of the local community is necessary to raise the quality of the entire destination and value. Egypt pointed out. “I am grateful for the invitation to this professional gathering and very interesting socializing with colleagues from the Riviera in the beautiful atmosphere of the Hotel Jadran in Tučepi. I supported the gathering and actively participated because I believe that all participants in the destination must be open to communication with colleagues, local partners and the community, especially for new ideas, reflections, initiatives. I have the highest expectations for proactive communication from local government bodies and self-government because their responsibility for the well-being of the community is the greatest. My message to everyone who makes decisions in creating tourism policy is that they must be brave, consistent, have a vision and be consistent in its implementation. Personally, I advocate that we all work together to revive the Makarska Riviera as a destination. ” Jakša Medić, President of the Management Board of Hotels Baška Voda, pointed out and added that together they are stronger, and the market expects and demands such strength from them.It is never too late for joint projects, said Zrinko Kamber, President of the Board of Medora Hotels and Resorts from Podgora, clearly and loudly at the beginning of his presentation, adding: “We at Medora Hotels are aware of the need to develop a common brand of Makarska Riviera and we will give great importance and support to this. This was a top-notch gathering with a great moderator with a very constructive discussion by all participants – in short the event of the week! Thank you to the organizers, all panelists and presenters for a pleasant and useful gathering. Now that this small, but perhaps the most difficult step is behind us, we will be happy to continue the initiative and work more specifically on certain specific topics, so he announced the continuation of the meeting soon in Podgora. “The project “Sacral-tourist route Tučepi” was presented by Ivan Samardžija and Ivan Tomeljak (Heritage Go Pro doo, Split), and the Mayor of Tučepi Ante Čobrnić invited all local partners to implement live parts of the project that can be a unique platform for sustainable adventure content in Tucepi, and attractive to the entire Makarska Riviera.
Amir died the following day at around 8:15 a.m. He was 60.The State Palace announced on March 14 that Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi had tested positive for COVID-19. He was the first Indonesian official to be diagnosed with the contagious respiratory disease.Budi, who has long struggled with asthma, was directly involved in the evacuation process of 238 Indonesians from the epicenter of the virus outbreak in Wuhan, China, as well as 257 Indonesians from the virus-stricken World Dream and Diamond Princess cruise ships.The minister’s health is reportedly improving as he undergoes medical treatment at the Gatot Subroto Army Hospital (RSPAD) in Jakarta. “He’s getting better every day,” Transportation Ministry spokesperson Adita Irawati said recently, confirming that Budi was in stable condition.Before being hospitalized, Budi attended a cabinet meeting led by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo on March 11. After the announcement that Budi had tested positive, President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo and his Cabinet were also tested for the disease. Jokowi announced earlier this week that he and his wife, First Lady Iriana, had tested negative. The test results of the other ministers have yet to be announced.Adita announced on Tuesday that another high-ranking official at the Transportation Ministry had also been diagnosed with the new coronavirus.”The Transportation Ministry’s railway director general, Zulfikri, has been tested positive for COVID-19. He’s now in good condition and undergoing self-quarantine [at home].”Zulfikri and other officials at the ministry were given swab tests on March 18.The director general separately confirmed that he was self-isolating at home. Before taking the test, he had undergone treatment at Eka Hospital in South Tangerang, Banten, from March 9 to 13. He was initially diagnosed with pneumonia. “I encourage those who had physical contact with me recently [and] show symptoms of COVID-19 to immediately undergo a medical checkup to break the transmission chain,” Zulfikri said Tuesday. Also on Tuesday, West Java Governor Ridwan Kamil announced that Karawang Regent Cellica Nurrachadiana had COVID-19. Three top officials from the province have now tested positive. The other two are Bogor Mayor Bima Arya and Bandung Deputy Mayor Yana Mulyana. Read also: Greater Jakarta failing as floodgate to nationwide COVID-19 epidemicBima took a swab test on March 17 after returning from a work-related trip to Turkey the previous day. Prior to the trip, he reportedly attended a seminar in Bogor, which has been scrutinized following reports that four participants had tested positive for COVID-19. Two have died at Moewardi Regional Hospital in Surakarta, Central Java. Yana, meanwhile, attended an event held by the Indonesian Young Entrepreneurs Association in Karawang on March 9-10 prior to showing symptoms, including fever, dry cough and shortness of breath.West Java was among the worst-hit areas in Indonesia. It reported 60 confirmed cases on Tuesday, with 10 deaths. Jakarta topped the list with 424 positive cases and 31 deaths, followed by Banten with 65 cases and 4 deathsAs of Tuesday, Indonesia has reported 686 confirmed cases of COVID-19, with 55 deaths. Topics : At least five high-ranking central and regional government officials have tested positive for COVID-19 as of Tuesday.Meanwhile, two others who had yet to be tested died on Monday after reportedly showing symptoms of the disease: the Industry Ministry’s metal, machinery, transportation equipment and electronic industry (ILMATE) director general, Harjanto, and the ministry’s expert staff member, Amir Sambodo. Harjanto died at Medistra Hospital in Jakarta on Monday at around 9:30 p.m. The 58-year old suffered from shortness of breath prior to the death, Industry Ministry spokesperson Krisna Sulistyani said Tuesday as reported by kompas.com.