Judicial heads back to Lingfield for Golden Rose defence | Racing News

first_imgHe added: “For all he is eight going on nine, he has not had a hard time of things.“He has run 40 times in his life, which is not a lot for a sprinter of his age, and touch wood he is a very sound horse with no aches and pains. It all contributes to him being in such good form at this stage of his life.” – Advertisement – Judicial returned with a fine effort to finish second in the Palace House Stakes back in June, before adding the Chipchase Stakes at Newcastle on his next start and then also winning the Queensferry Stakes at Chester in August.He has not run since finishing fourth at York in September. But Steve Brown, husband and assistant to Camacho, revealed this weekend’s feature race has been the long-term aim.He said: “Judicial has had a nice preparation for this. The ground at the back-end of the turf season is generally against him, which is why we planned to wait for the Golden Rose.- Advertisement – “I think it looks a stronger race compared to last year, and obviously he will have a penalty to carry for his Group Three win at Newcastle. It will be a tougher test for him, but at the same time we are looking forward to it.“In winning this race last year, he really proved himself over six furlongs, and I think that extra furlong over the last 12 months has really suited him. He has looked a better horse over six furlongs, because he has been able to travel more within himself.”While Judicial is now in his seventh season, Brown feels the fact he has been lightly raced is key to how he is maintaining his form.- Advertisement – Judicial will bid for back-to-back wins in the Betway Golden Rose Stakes at Lingfield.The eight-year-old sprang a 20-1 surprise in the 2019 edition of Saturday’s Listed heat, and trainer Julie Camacho was looking towards All Weather Finals Day with her charge until the April event was cancelled because of the Covid-19 lockdown.- Advertisement –last_img read more

U.S. 36 cancels Rumble in the Bullring

first_imgOSBORN, Mo. – With rain in the forecast for race day on March 29, U.S. 36 Raceway officials have made the decision to cancel the Rumble in the Bullring.  The opening night for U.S. 36 will now be on April 5 and feature IMCA Modifieds, IMCA RaceSaver Sprint Cars, IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars and Karl Kustoms Northern SportMods. Both IMCA RaceSaver Sprint Cars, running in the Sprint Series of Nebraska opener, and IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars were on the Friday program.last_img

Local Teacher Reassigned Over Quiz Question About President Trump

first_imgA local middle school teacher has been reassigned, after allegedly including an inappropriate question on an online quiz about President Donald Trump.The incident occurred at Watson B. Duncan Middle School in Palm Beach Gardens.A parent tweeted a photo of a multiple-choice test question given to students in a Computer Applications class.The question reads, “45th president, 2017, Republican, Real Estate businessman, idiot.” The possible answers listed below the question are: “Donald Trump, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, Jimmy Carter.” Photo courtesy: WPEC/CBS12 The unidentified parent who brought the matter to the school district’s attention says, “My reaction was very disappointing. It is an obvious example of indoctrination in our school systems, where teachers are forcing their opinions on our children.”A letter from the School District of Palm Beach County to parents of students at the school reads: A question on a quiz given by your child’s Computer Applications teacher yesterday, was brought to my attention this morning. The question was inappropriate, and demonstrated an unacceptable lack of good judgment on the part of the teacher. An investigation is now underway, and the teacher has been reassigned during this process. Because this is an open inquiry, I am not at liberty to share any additional details with you at this point. I apologize for this incident, and for the offensive verbiage used in the question. Thank you for your patience, and your continued support of Watson B. Duncan Middle School. An investigation is underway.last_img read more

Magala Wins IBB Ladies Open by Four Strokes

first_imgOlawale Ajimotokan in AbujaUgandan Evah Magala lived to the pre-tournament hyep around her by winning the 21st IBB Ladies Open Golf Championship in Abuja over the weekend.Magala carried the day with a gross tally of 244 over 54 holes, beating the 2017 champion, Rachel Danjuma of IBB Club, Nigeria by four shots. Amina Wilfred also of IBB Club was a further six shots adrift in third place while Evelyn Oyome of Ikoyi Club 1938 carded 260 gross to finish in fourth.“It feels so nice. In November 2018, I won the Nigerian Ladies Open Championship in Uyo and now I have added the IBB Ladies Open. I am so excited. I promise to keep on coming to Nigeria, because I feel I have luck in Nigeria,“ Magala, who is the President of Uganda Ladies Golf Union said.She overturned a two-shot lead held through 36 holes by Danjuma on hole number three of the final round, after the latter took a quadruple bogey nine.That mistake affected Danjuma’s stride and she subsequently struggled to get into the rhythm after another double bogey on Hole seven.“By Hole two, we were already level. I left Rachel behind at Hole four and from then, I knew it was done. At the same stage, Amina was playing well, and I was keeping my eyes on her,” Magala remarked.She added that the victory was good for her career and would serve as a boost for her World Amateur Golf Ranking (WAGR) as she will now be playing in better tournaments in South Africa, Thailand, Malaysia and Portugal.The IBB Lady Captain, Mrs Julie Acholonu Mrs Acholonu expressed delight with the successful organisation of the tournament that drew over 160 players including sponsors like Gasstock Limited, Deano Golf, National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Persons (NAPTIP) and Konferge among others.Acholonu said that the WAGT will take effect at the 22nd edition next year and will boost the profile of Nigerian female golfers.“I am happy about the event but regarding the WAGT, we are still a bit away from it. I believe we will get there hopefully at the 22nd edition next year,” Acholonu declared.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegramlast_img read more

‘Brčko Open 2013’ has started

first_imgThe 10th ITF Futures Tournament ‘Brčko Open 2013’ was opened yesterday in Brčko, reports sportsport.baTennis players ranked 361 and above will participate at the tournament and three tennis players will represent BiH: Ismar Gorčić, Franjo Raspudić and Aleksandar Reljić.In the first round Gorčić will play against Ilija Vučić from Serbia, Raspudić against Ivano Blažević from Croatia and Reljić will play against Michal Schmid from Czech Rep.The tournament is worth 10 000 USD and the sponsor is Brčko District Government.last_img