A City statement read: “Manchester City can confirm that Ivan Carminati, Fausto Salsano, Massimo Battara, Angelo Gregucci and Attilio Lombardo have left their respective roles at the football club. “We thank them for their contribution to Manchester City since their arrival and wish them well with their future careers.” Press Association Manchester City have confirmed the departure of five more members of Roberto Mancini’s backroom staff. Mancini was sacked after three-and-a-half years as manager on Monday and his first-team coach David Platt left the following day. Among those also to have departed are defensive specialist Angelo Gregucci and reserve-team boss Attilio Lombardo, the former Sampdoria and Crystal Palace player.
WEST Indies could have their limited-overs stars in the fray for national selection, particularly for the 50-over format, after Courtney Browne, the chairman of selectors, hinted at the possibility of the WICB revisiting the eligibility criterion.Currently, the WICB has followed a stringent policy of considering only those players who have featured in the domestic 50-over competition, one that goes back to 2010, under the regime of Julian Hunte and Ernest Hilaire.The current criterion has ruled out a bunch of senior players including Dwayne Bravo, Chris Gayle, Kieron Pollard, Sunil Narine and Andre Russell.None of them were part of West Indies’ most recent series against Pakistan, which they lost 2-1, falling further behind in their race to be among the top eight teams in the ICC rankings and so qualify directly for the 2019 World Cup. But if this change in selection policy is cleared, West Indies could significantly boost their chances of fielding a full-strength team leading up to the showpiece event.“There is some discussion going on about revisiting the eligibility rule,” Browne told Line and Length, a Barbados-based network. “I know it’s with a working committee. That will then go to the board. But we have to understand our domestic cricket is key.”Players coming out of domestic cricket and showing they can perform at the international level is important. Yes, we have to look at it [the eligibility rule] but also be mindful that we have to develop our own domestic product, a stage where we can have a very good standard of regional cricket.”However, Browne also made it clear he would rather not have a situation where young players who have come through the regional system are ignored. Vishaul Singh and Shimron Hetmyer, who captained West Indies to the Under-19 World Cup title last year, are two examples he cited while explaining the need to maintain continuity. The pair gave modest returns – 159 runs in 12 innings between them – having played their first three Tests over the last couple of months.“We have a lot of young developing players, they’re all bunched together in terms of number of Tests, that’s par for the course. When you have a bunch of people you’re exposing to international cricket, you will tend to get these sorts of performances. But the good thing about it is, you have the coaching team and you have to give them some time to develop players.“There’s no regret [in giving them opportunities]. They came through the system, we understand they’re young players and need time to develop. When you’re looking at development process, it’s going to be a slow process. We’re not going to find a sensation overnight.”Browne was pleased with the enthusiasm of the new recruits. “They’ve shown the fans here’s a bunch of young people who are showing fight. It has shown the players too that with determination and passion like that, you can be competitive.”Bravo had recently said he was available for T20 selection but would not give up his contracts around the world to play domestic cricket in the West Indies because playing in those tournaments did not guarantee selection. He had also said things could change if “structure changes or something different happens”.(ESPN Cricinfo)
Welcome to the Herald Sports live blog! I’m Mike Fiammetta, and I’m here at the Kohl Center with Herald Sports editor Elliot Hughes.We’re set for what’s sure to be a fantastic night of hoops as the No. 25 Badgers (16-5, 5-3) are set to host the No. 16 Indiana Hoosiers (16-4, 4-4) in a conference battle with plenty at stake in the Big Ten race.Wisconsin is coming off a strong performance on the road Sunday that resulted in a 67-63 win over Illinois. Point guard Jordan Taylor continued his stellar play of late, dropping 19 points while pulling down nine rebounds and dishing out five assists. Taylor’s improved play since the non-confernese season and early Big Ten play has been vital to the Badgers, who are now riding a 4-game win streak.Indiana, meanwhle, has seen its fortunes fade in January, where the Hoosiers are 3-3. Despite losing three of their last four games, the Hoosiers do have a tendency to be somewhat tricky on the road. IU is 3-3 on the road this season, though the Badgers have, as usual, been hard to beat here at the Kohl Center. Despite losing two games at home earlier this season, Wisconsin has rebounded with a 10-3 home record.Tonight’s matchup will be a a battle of clashing strengths, as Wisconsin boasts the Big Ten’s (and the nation’s, at that) stingiest scoring defense at 49.6 points allowed per game. Indiana, meanwhile, is the conference’s top scoring offense (No. 15 in the country) at 79.8 points per game.Anyway, thanks for joining us on the live blog below (we’ll also be on Twitter @BHeraldSports) and have a great Thursday night.&lt;a href=”http://www.coveritlive.com/mobile.php/option=com_mobile/task=viewaltcast/altcast_code=cb9541f7ae” &gt;Wisconsin vs. Indiana&lt;/a&gt;
Manager Jose Mourinho has told Juan Mata and Michael Essien that his door is open if they want to leave Chelsea.Mata reacted furiously to being substituted in Chelsea’s 3-0 win over Southampton on New Year’s Day.The Chelsea forward did not shake Mourinho’s hand after being withdrawn in the 53rd minute and he flung his arms up in the direction of the touchline, where the Blues boss was standing.The 25-year-old, who has started just nine Barclays Premier League games this season, had to be calmed down by Michael Essien, who was sat on the bench at the time.Mourinho claims Mata reacted that way because he was unhappy at the scoreline – which stood at 0-0 when the former Valencia man was substituted.Mourinho does not want to lose Mata in the transfer window, and he says he would be happy to talk to the player if he is unhappy. “I want to keep him. I don’t want him to go. That is my opinion, my wish, but my door is open,” the Chelsea manager said.”The club’s door is open too so when a player wants to speak to us we are there waiting for them.”If you are asking do you want the club to sell him? I don’t want to.”Essien’s future at Chelsea was thrown into doubt when his agent suggested that he could leave the London club due to a lack of playing time.Mourinho, again, stressed he wanted to keep the player, but admitted that he could not offer the play guaranteed first-team football. “I offer nobody – not Michael, not nobody (guaranteed playing time),” the Portuguese said.”I understand that players think about national team, the World Cup and playing regularly, but my players have to think of the team before the players. Michael knows that perfectly.”
Submitted by GHB InsuranceThomas (Tom) Lally has been hired by GHB Insurance as a personal lines insurance agent at the Olympia office. An insurance professional for over a decade, Tom has comprehensive experience in all fields— auto, home, life, health, and commercial insurance.GHB Insurance is the largest brokerage firm south of Tacoma specializing in property/casualty coverage and employee benefits. Tom has worked for many years with business trade associations providing insurance benefits to thousands of members. GHB provides group coverage for more than 700 employers throughout Western Washington and covers over 8,000 lives.GHB provides access to a number of highly rated insurance carriers and products related to all lines of insurance including: individual medical, vision, dental and Medicare supplements; home, auto and property; commercial; life; travel and long term care.For more information visit GHBInsurance.com or call 360.943.4500. Facebook10Tweet0Pin0
Facebook33Tweet0Pin0 Sing with me! “The wheels on the bus go ’round and ’round…”Thurston County’s public transportation provider, Intercity Transit, offers tremendous opportunities for safe, green transportation throughout our region. They provide more than simply bus service. Intercity Transit has commuter vanpools, they help facilitate carpools, encourage bicycling and walking, provide door-to-door Dial-A-Lift service for qualified riders, and specialty van programs.Recent grants to Intercity Transit from the Washington State Department of Transportation’s Regional Mobility program have opened up two new express routes that operate between Thurston, Pierce, and King Counties within typical work-day hours. The new express routes nearly doubled the number of weekday trips for Puget Sound commuters.Here are the details on the new Express routes:Route 592, operated by Sound Transit, leaves the Olympia Transit Center for downtown Seattle with stops at the Capitol Campus, the new-and previously unserved-Hawks Prairie Park and Ride in Lacey, DuPont Station, Lakewood Station, and the SR 512 Park & Ride. Buses depart every 30 minutes between 4:12 and 6:42 a.m. and return from Seattle every 30 minutes between 3:20 and 5:50 p.m. The one-way fare from Olympia to Seattle is only $3.50 and takes about two hours each way.Route 609, operated by Intercity Transit, departs from Tumwater’s Department of Labor and Industries rand serves the Department of Health, Tumwater Park & Ride lot (on Israel Rd and Bonniewood), Capitol Campus, Hawks Prairie Park and Ride, Lakewood Station, and the SR512 Park & Ride. The 609 makes ten northbound trips and eleven southbound, running from 5 a.m. through 6:30 p.m. The one-way fare for this trip is only $3.Olympia resident Clark Gilman regularly uses Intercity Transit buses to commute to work.These new express routes have been funded with over $4 million in state and local grants and are scheduled to run through 2015. If ridership numbers remain strong, additional funding will be sought to maintain the service.Olympia resident and long-time Intercity Transit user Clark Gilman is a huge fan of the new Route 592. Having first used their services in 1981 as an Evergreen student, he now occasionally commutes to Seattle for work.“My job requires that I spend two days each week in Seattle. I walk or ride my bike to downtown Olympia on the other three days. Why bus? It’s less expensive, it’s lighter on the environment, and I’m a social person and I enjoy meeting new people each day,” comments Gilman.“I have never had a fixed enough schedule to commit to a carpool. For me, driving to downtown Seattle and parking is like working another shift. The bus drops me a block from our Seattle office fresh and relaxed. I’ve noticed a real difference in my energy level since I began commuting by bus,” explains Gilman.Gilman’s switch to Route 592 has enabled him to use the money he’s saved on parking and gas to buy a tablet computer. He reads, listens to music, and shares family photos with fellow riders. While he says some coaches are definitely more comfortable than others for the long trip, having this route has been a real blessing.Washington State Department of Transportation Secretary Lynn Peterson calls this “another example of the great partnerships between our Legislature and state, regional and local transportation agencies working together to keep Puget Sound moving.” The grants also provided for the purchase of three new 40-foot hybrid-electric buses to help with the new routes.