Weekly unemployment claims declined dramatically last week after increasing the previous two weeks. For the week of March 6, 2010, there were 897 new regular benefit claims for Unemployment Insurance, a decrease of 498 from the week before. Altogether 15,463 new and continuing claims were filed, a decrease of 54 from a week ago and 2,814 fewer than a year earlier. The Department also processed 4,647 First Tier claims for benefits under Emergency Unemployment Compensation, 2008 (EUC08), 96 fewer than a week ago. In addition, there were 3,389 Second Tier claims for benefits processed under the EUC08 program, which is an increase of 32 from the week before. The Unemployment Weekly Report can be found at: http://www.vtlmi.info/(link is external). Previously released Unemployment Weekly Reports and other UI reports can be found at: http://www.vtlmi.info/lmipub.htm#uc(link is external)
Advertisement Comment Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s United crashed out of the Champions League this week (Getty Images)‘I have been watching the team, because I always look at United still, and Ole parked the bus against Arsenal. He did it against Tottenham in the league. And at stages against Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona in the Champions League.‘He plays against all the big teams like that. The emphasis is more on defending than on attacking or wanting to play dominant football. I actually call it parking the bus. Ole does it not just outside the 18-yard box. He parks the bus right in front of [goalkeeper] David De Gea.‘When United play that way, they play 4-4-2 and play counter attacking football with Marcus Rashford and Romelu Lukaku.More: FootballRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starChelsea defender Fikayo Tomori reveals why he made U-turn over transfer deadline day moveMikel Arteta rates Thomas Partey’s chances of making his Arsenal debut vs Man City‘They are gambling on the speed of those two because they are faster than their opponents when they get the space. Rashford’s pace is incredible. You don’t catch him when he breaks away.‘But if Man United want to be a dominant force in Europe again, and in England, they have to have a different playing style.‘The problem as a foreign manager is that you find out that the English football culture is different from Germany and Spain.‘In those countries, you work on things in training. In England, everything is done by playing matches. They get fitter or gain stamina by playing lots of matches. Advertisement Metro Sport ReporterSunday 21 Apr 2019 9:25 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link22Shares United cannot rely on Marcus Rashford’s pace, says Van Gaal (BPI/REX)‘It is a culture you cannot change easily. I wanted to change things, but it proved very difficult.‘Ole revived the squad and he won a lot of matches when he first started. They went up to third in the Premier League, but they have dropped back to sixth.‘But when I look at the style of football, I have to say he has not changed it. It is explainable. Defending is easier than attacking.‘I saw so many games of United over the last year or so. Both Mourinho and Solskjaer are not afraid to play in a defensive way all the time. That is not good enough for Man United.‘Now it is the time where trophies can be won and they are not even in a position where they can claim a Champions League spot.’AdvertisementAdvertisementMore: Manchester United FCRio Ferdinand urges Ole Gunnar Solskjaer to drop Manchester United starNew Manchester United signing Facundo Pellistri responds to Edinson Cavani praiseEx-Man Utd coach blasts Ed Woodward for two key transfer errors Louis van Gaal says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has been parking the bus at Manchester United (Getty Images)Louis van Gaal has aimed a fresh dig at Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s tactics after Manchester United’s defeat to Barcelona in the Champions League by claiming that the Norwegian has ‘parked the bus’ in several crucial games.United crashed out of Europe’s elite competition earlier this week following a comprehensive 3-0 defeat to Barca at Camp Nou on Tuesday evening.United now face a fight to secure a top-four finish in the Premier League and Van Gaal admits Solskjaer’s tactics have been too negative to win trophies.‘I can see how Ole had some impact in the beginning, because United were ninth in the table when he took over and the team was nothing,’ Van Gaal told Ziggo.AdvertisementAdvertisementADVERTISEMENT‘United had been playing anti-football, as I call it, but don’t think that Ole isn’t afraid to park the bus either, he is more defensive than you think. Louis van Gaal slams Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tactics after Manchester United’s defeat to Barcelona
RelatedPosts Lampard: I still have confidence in Tomori Mane double eases Liverpool to win over 10-man Chelsea EPL: Chelsea, Liverpool in cagey duel Chelsea fans can expect more from the London club in the transfer market, as they look to bridge the gap with Liverpool and Manchester City next season, manager Frank Lampard has said.Chelsea has sealed deals for Morocco winger Hakim Ziyech and Germany forward Timo Werner, and has been linked with a move for Bayer Leverkusen midfielder Kai Havertz, as they rebuild the squad following a close-season transfer ban last year. Lampard’s side is third in the Premier League with 63 points, 30 points adrift of champions Liverpool, but can seal a Champions League berth by winning their two remaining league games.With an FA Cup final against Arsenal on the horizon, Lampard believes Chelsea have a lot to look forward to.He said: “With what we do in the summer, there will be more to come.“We want to win the final.“We want to close the gap. “We are working toward something.“It doesn’t come easy.“We have seen that with other teams in recent years.“It is step by step.“We have shown lots of good stuff this year. “Three games won’t define the progress we have made but we are at the business end.”Reuters/NAN.Tags: Bayer LeverkusenChelseaFrank LampardHakim ZiyechKai HavertzTimo Werner
The King has issued his decree.LeBron James has made it known that he wants no part of talk about canceling the 2019-2020 NBA season, making it known in a tweet sent out Thursday. Las Vegas has also been a rumored location for a potential restart.In all likelihood, should the NBA season resume, logic dictates that there will likely be some kind of amended playoff structure as opposed to the traditional 16-team format.No matter how you slice it, the 49-14 Lakers would be at the top in the Western Conference, LeBron’s second year in LA and his first alongside fellow superstar Anthony Davis. Saw some reports about execs and agents wanting to cancel season??? That’s absolutely not true. Nobody I know saying anything like that. As soon as it’s safe we would like to finish our season. I’m ready and our team is ready. Nobody should be canceling anything. 👑— LeBron James (@KingJames) April 30, 2020″Saw some reports about execs and agents wanting to cancel season??? That’s absolutely not true,” the tweet reads. “Nobody I know saying anything like that. As soon as it’s safe we would like to finish our season. I’m ready and our team is ready. Nobody should be canceling anything.”MORE: LeBron James to host graduation TV special for class of 2020In March, the NBA became the first American pro sports league to suspend its season because of the coronavirus pandemic that has stretched across the country. Utah Jazz player Rudy Gobert was the first of several NBA players who tested positive for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). In recent weeks there’s been some movement on the NBA’s side to get the ball rolling on a resumption of the season. The league first announced that players would be allowed to return to team practice facilities in towns and cities where coronavirus lockdown and stay-at-home orders were more lax. There was also a report issued by The Athletic’s Shams Charania that a potential NBA season could resume in Orlando, Fla., with Disney World playing host to the remainder of the season.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger is seeking reinforcements this January as he looks to get his side back into the top.Gabriel Paulista has already all-but joined the Gunners and now, it is being reported by the Daily Star, they could turn their attentions to Borussia Dortmund man Kevin Grosskreutz.The 26-year-old has spent the last five and a half seasons at the Westfalenstadion and during that time has occupied every position on the pitch at one time or another – including a spell in goal after a Roman Weidenfeller red card!And, given Arsenal’s injury problems, Wenger will be keen to have someone with Grosskreutz’s adaptability in his squad.A £3.7million bid has reportedly been lodged with the Bundesliga side and you can see his amazing versatility above.But if you’d prefer to see the player’s best goals, check out the clip below…