Categories: Letters to the Editor, OpinionRe Nov. 26 letter, “Those who disrespect military should leave”: Vincent Belardo dictated those who disrespect the military should leave our country.Well, that puts Trump at the top of the list to leave. He disrespected John McCain by saying he was “not a hero because he was caught.” This is the presidential candidate you said you voted for. Trump also dodged the draft four to five times. He is definitely not a hero, nor did he show respect for our flag or our country back then.Colin Kaepernick kneels because of facts showing police injustice, inequality and blatant killing of minorities. Your statement that 90 percent or more of minorities had it coming came from where, racist right-wing Fox News? Many white and black folks are kneeling for justice. I am sure you have no idea a white, retired Army Special Forces veteran named Nate Boyer convinced Kaepernick to kneel back in 2016 instead of sitting because it showed more respect for our flag and what Nate Boyer and you fought for. Look that up at military.com: “Kaepernick meets with veteran.”Diane Sanders HombachSchenectadyMore from The Daily Gazette:Schenectady’s Lucas Rodriguez forging his own path in dance, theater, musicSchenectady department heads: Budget cutbacks would further stress already-stretched departmentsAnderson starts, but Dodgers finish off NLCS winSchenectady High School senior class leaders look to salvage sense of normalcySchenectady police reform sessions pivot to online
The authorisation sees the London CIV recognised as an alternative investment fund manager (AIFM), in line with the European Directive by the same name.Assets are held within an Authorised Contractual Scheme, the UK’s tax-transparent fund.Grover said a large part of the £6bn expected to be in London CIV sub-funds by the end of the financial year would be passively managed equities, overseen by Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM) and BlackRock.LGIM and BlackRock will each manage three sub-funds, he said.Baillie Gifford will be in charge of a second actively managed global equity sub-fund, as well as a standalone diversified growth fund.Grover added that the London CIV now employed six people and would hire a seventh soon.The new staff includes Julian Pendock as investment oversight director, and Brian Lee as COO.Pendock joins from the London council of Brent, where he was the council fund’s investment and pensions manager, a role he assumed after five years at Senhouse Capital, latterly as its CIO.He has also worked at JP Morgan Chase and Bedlam Asset Management.Bob Kerslake, former permanent secretary at the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG), will chair the London CIV’s board.Kerslake retired from the DCLG in February this year and, until September 2014, was head of the UK’s civil service.Prior to that, he was chief executive of Sheffield City Council, and chief executive of the Homes & Communities Agency, the public body in charge of affordable housing in England.Chris Bilsland and Eric MacKay have also joined the board, appointed as non-executive directors.Until 2013, Bisland was chamberlain of the City of London, the council’s financial director.MacKay is currently head of legal, risk and compliance at asset manager TT International, and was previously F&C’s chief risk officer. The London collective investment vehicle (CIV) for the capital’s local authority funds has named its first four managers, to be in charge of £6bn (€8.5bn) in equity mandates.Allianz Global Investors will be in charge of the first sub-fund to be launched by the London CIV.The active global equity fund has attracted more than £500m from three of the participating local government pension schemes, chief executive Hugh Grover said.Grover added that a further eight sub-funds were expected to be launched by the end of the financial year, possible after the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised the vehicle.
0Shares0000Before rows of empty stands, Al-Ahly footballers celebrate after scoring in a January 8 Egyptian Premier League match against Zamalek at Cairo Stadium © AFP / KHALED DESOUKICAIRO, Egypt, Feb 12 – Limited numbers of football fans are to be allowed into stadiums for league matches in Egypt for the first time since deadly riots in 2012, the country’s football federation said Monday.Mostafa Tantawi, a spokesman for the federation, told AFP that up to 300 fans would from Monday be allowed to attend championship matches, while no restriction on numbers would apply to cup games. Clubs would be held responsible for their fans’ behaviour, he said, following a partial lifting of the five-year ban decided at a meeting Sunday of the football federation.Egyptian authorities imposed the ban on fans at local matches after a February 2012 stadium riot in Port Said that left 74 people dead at a game between local club Al-Masry and Cairo’s Al-Ahly.Three years after that tragedy, at least 20 fans of Cairo club Zamalek were killed in clashes with security forces outside a stadium in the capital in February 2015.An Egyptian court last month sentenced to jail 28 Al Ahly fans for wearing T-shirts paying tribute to the “martyrs” of the Port Said riot, accusing them of “incitement”.0Shares0000(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)