Varane reveals his change of habits to prevent injuries: breakfast, work of balance …

first_imgThe injuries have marked Raphael Varane’s career. But there is one that the French central Real Madrid will never forget. It happened on May 11, 2013. That day, with Pepe punished for publicly censoring Mourinho for his stance regarding Casillas (“You have to have a little more respect for Iker), the Portuguese coach gave him the title and broke the right meniscus. A lesion much more complicated than it seemed at first because what was damaged was the external meniscus and not the internal. “72% of the external meniscus was removed, more or less,” he revealed in The spar. The shadow of that injury plans on Varane whenever, after chaining four or five games, he stops. But the Frenchman has already assured on more than one occasion that it is already perfect. Injuries have haunted him since his stage in France and that has strengthened him mentally- “We have to find solutions to solidify, to strengthen the injury and mentally, so as not to be afraid of coming into contact or doing certain careers, certain jumps. You have to take advantage of these stops to be stronger mentally and physically, to work on things where you don’t have time to work when you train and play all the time. The injury should not be seen as a waste of time, but rather as a time when you can work on something else and strengthen elsewhere, “says Onze Mondial.” Is the injury random? “They ask. French reveals: “Yes, that is the feeling I had. I kept looking to change certain things, certain habits. For 23 years I had the same breakfast. For one night I told myself that it didn’t work, that I was injured and changed (smiles). I changed some habits like that overnight. I looked, I looked. And right now, I’m doing pretty well, and I keep looking, improving all the time. “Varane’s daily work is also focused on prevention: “I work more on deep things: posture, joints, general balance … It really compensates the muscles. I try to anticipate where I might have tension and when I have it in certain places, the idea is to eliminate it as soon as possible, before the muscle suffers. “This season, the Frenchman has not suffered any injuries …last_img read more

REVEALED: DONEGAL GIRL IN BID TO BE NEXT TOP MODEL

first_imgA CO DONEGAL girl has been chosen to audition for the TV stages of a hit Sky TV show.Sarah Kennedy, from Portnoo, was Miss Donegal and Miss Ireland last year.The 22-year-old will feature on the Sky Living Channel next Thursday in the search for Britain and Ireland’s Next Top Model. Sarah has revealed that travelling to London for the audition was just her third time she had been on a plane.And it was her first time on London’s Underground.“It was my first time on a train,” said Sarah, “and I was really freaking out.”“I didn’t realise it bounced around like that.” She is hoping she can go a long way in the show.“This is my dream,” she said.“I want to be here and I know I deserve to be here. And I know I had to go to London to do this because there aren’t any modelling agencies at home.“God didn’t give me long legs, red hair and fair skin for nothing; this is what I am meant to do.”Sky sources have told Donegal Daily that Sarah has done really well so far; the pre-recorded auditions will be shown next Thursday. Judges include singer Danni Minogue and supermodel Elle MacPherson.REVEALED: DONEGAL GIRL IN BID TO BE NEXT TOP MODEL was last modified: June 16th, 2013 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:REVEALED: DONEGAL GIRL IN BID TO BE NEXT TOP MODELlast_img read more