Following announcements by Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan regarding the need for a city-wide lockdown of the capital to curb the spread of COVID-19, retailers fear the move would cripple Jakarta’s economy.Indonesian Shopping Center Tenant Association (Hippindo) chairman Budihardjo Iduansjah said the association hoped the capital city wouldn’t be locked down.“We hope the province will not be locked down, because the coronavirus disease can be prevented in other ways, depending on the system implemented by the government,” Budihardjo said on Monday as quoted by kompas.com. He added that mall tenants were looking to adjust their operating hours in response to the COVID-19 outbreak as mall visitor numbers had slumped by up to 50 percent following the announcement of positive cases in the country earlier this month. The situation had worsened, he said, after an announcement by the central administration and the city administration over the weekend urging people to stay at home.Anies said on Sunday that his administration was considering imposing a lockdown to curtail the spread of the novel coronavirus. He said in his televised speech that he believed Jakarta needed to restrict activities and close ways for people to enter or leave Jakarta.Read also: Lockdown not yet an option for Indonesia, says PresidentTo overcome the situation, the association mulled opening stores from 11 a.m. and maximizing operations at night, Budihardjo said.“We held a meeting on Friday but haven’t decided on much, as we are still waiting for the government’s policy. But the mall tenants’ wanted to open in the evening [due to the decreasing visitor numbers], so we agreed on doing that,” he said, adding that it could be a temporary measure to minimize losses. While mall stores were planning to open later than usual, supermarkets were advised to open earlier to facilitate people shopping for essentials. He said the governor’s decision to close tourist destinations also affected the number of mall visitors, adding that the declining number of visitors only affected Jakarta so far.“We still haven’t estimated the loss, because, for tenants, it is calculated from the cost per meter compared to the minimum sales target. It really depends on the size of their store.”As of Monday, Indonesia has reported 117 confirmed cases of the respiratory illness, with five deaths. (mfp)Topics :
The authorisation sees the London CIV recognised as an alternative investment fund manager (AIFM), in line with the European Directive by the same name.Assets are held within an Authorised Contractual Scheme, the UK’s tax-transparent fund.Grover said a large part of the £6bn expected to be in London CIV sub-funds by the end of the financial year would be passively managed equities, overseen by Legal & General Investment Management (LGIM) and BlackRock.LGIM and BlackRock will each manage three sub-funds, he said.Baillie Gifford will be in charge of a second actively managed global equity sub-fund, as well as a standalone diversified growth fund.Grover added that the London CIV now employed six people and would hire a seventh soon.The new staff includes Julian Pendock as investment oversight director, and Brian Lee as COO.Pendock joins from the London council of Brent, where he was the council fund’s investment and pensions manager, a role he assumed after five years at Senhouse Capital, latterly as its CIO.He has also worked at JP Morgan Chase and Bedlam Asset Management.Bob Kerslake, former permanent secretary at the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG), will chair the London CIV’s board.Kerslake retired from the DCLG in February this year and, until September 2014, was head of the UK’s civil service.Prior to that, he was chief executive of Sheffield City Council, and chief executive of the Homes & Communities Agency, the public body in charge of affordable housing in England.Chris Bilsland and Eric MacKay have also joined the board, appointed as non-executive directors.Until 2013, Bisland was chamberlain of the City of London, the council’s financial director.MacKay is currently head of legal, risk and compliance at asset manager TT International, and was previously F&C’s chief risk officer. The London collective investment vehicle (CIV) for the capital’s local authority funds has named its first four managers, to be in charge of £6bn (€8.5bn) in equity mandates.Allianz Global Investors will be in charge of the first sub-fund to be launched by the London CIV.The active global equity fund has attracted more than £500m from three of the participating local government pension schemes, chief executive Hugh Grover said.Grover added that a further eight sub-funds were expected to be launched by the end of the financial year, possible after the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) authorised the vehicle.
Panellists at last week’s IPE 360 conference in London highlighted a range of political concerns for investors – not all of which were necessarily on the radar yet.Vincent Reinhart, chief economist at Standish Mellon Asset Management, warned of the potential for “policy mistakes” in China in the near future.“Its desire to project a military force as powerful as their GDP on the global scale could lead to them interfering more than the US,” he said.Roughly 60% of global GDP was generated in emerging markets, Reinhart said, and half of that emanated from China. “Global GDP has actually been less volatile over the last few years because much of it is being increased in a region that delivers growth at 6.5% year-on-year,” Reinhart said.But he urged investors to “consider the tail risk in China”.With emerging markets getting wealthier but global GDP growth shrinking, some parts of society were being left out in the developed world – leading to the rise of populism.Reinhart said: “These global economic readjustments create resentment and there is no growth to appease the anger, which in turn leads to voter resentment against trade, migration, etc, and to more geopolitical risk.”Turning to the US, where the effect of populism has been arguably most prevalent, Reinhart said his biggest concern was “thinking about the day when three Republican senators say they want to run for president. This would mean there is no majority government anymore and it would be an incentive for [president Donald] Trump to use executive action wherever he can.”BrexitFor Anthony Arnull, Barber Professor of Jurisprudence at Birmingham Law School, the greatest political worries were related to Brexit – in particular the difficulties facing the UK government when seeking to strike new trade deals after it leaves the EU.Apart from the “chaotic lack of preparation” both leading up to the Brexit vote as well as to the negotiations with the EU, Arnull highlighted that the UK government’s plan to “peel off” some members from the bloc was “not looking very realistic”.“The EU does not welcome the UK’s departure but it is now in a post-referendum phase, adjusted to the idea that UK is leaving,” Arnull said. “It might even think the EU will develop faster without the UK, and this is a difficult dynamic for the UK to deal with.”More uncertainty over trade was added by Donald Trump, he said. Trump has promised both German chancellor Angela Merkel and UK prime minister Theresa May that their respective markets would be “first on the list” for a trade deal. “Now the UK does not know where it is on this list,” Arnull said.Finally, Ian McKnight, CIO at the Royal Mail Pension Plan in the UK, highlighted Italy’s forthcoming election as a potential flashpoint.Discussing potential triggers for an equity market selloff, McKnight said: “There could be something with the Italian election coming up next year. A lot of Italian MPs – as I understand it – will be against the EU. That’s potentially a catastrophic event.”Italy’s next election must be held no later than 20 May next year.See the July/August edition of IPE for a Special Report on Italy’s pension system.
Inside the luxurious kitchen.She would at least have had an indoor pool, hot tub, ice bath, sauna, gym, billiards room and bar to work through the stresses of the day.“What inspired me for the huge benchtops was the kitchen in the MasterChef house where we stayed,” Ms Moreno said.“It had six metre benches and I loved them.“What was important was that everything was organised and in proximity to my working bench space.“My utilities draw, my oven. I have an integrated dishwasher, two warming doors for entertaining, a steam oven, two fridges, and there’s an integrated bar fridge at the end of both benches.“I have a storage room and a cold room that’s about 4m x 3m inside with four big shelves.” More from newsParks and wildlife the new lust-haves post coronavirus11 hours agoNoosa’s best beachfront penthouse is about to hit the market11 hours agoThere is a drop-down screen and projector in the pool room so you can watch movies while you swim.Queensland Sotheby’s International Realty agent Tyson Clarke is selling the five-bedroom property by private tender and said he has never seen a home kitchen like this one.“It’s got 6.1m ceilings too,” he said. The cinema room.The mother-of two directed her post-show culinary skills to helping parents create a healthy food culture at home. MasterChef finalist Sandra Moreno (right) hosting cooking classes for parents in 2010 as part of a government grant to tackle child obesity. Picture: Jeff Camden. She is now studying interior design and moving on to a new career as a property developer.Her house will be listed on realestate.com.au on Monday. FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK The kitchen and living area at 34 Mareeba Rd, Ashgrove.ONE of Queensland’s first MasterChef contestants is selling her Ashgrove home and it comes with a showstopping designer kitchen. The kitchen has two 6m long island benches. “I have a passion for cooking and being a contestant in MasterChef made me want to develop a huge kitchen where I could have everything I wanted,” Ms Moreno said. The renovated house and extension at 34 Mareeba Rd, Ashgrove took 18 months to complete.Sandra Moreno spent 11 weeks in the MasterChef universe and was one of the final 10 contestants in 2009. Sandra Moreno (right) with fellow season one Queensland MasterChef contestant Geni Papacostas.If she’d been preparing 600 canapes for an A-list crowd in the kitchen of 34 Mareeba Rd, Ashgrove, with dual island benches, a walk-in scullery and cold storage room, she might have won the elimination challenge in the hit Channel 10 reality cooking show. Brisbane home values on the rise MORE REAL ESTATE STORIES Island’s lighthouse couple revealed
European Marine Energy Centre (EMEC) is looking for a Project Manager to manage the ReFLEX project and contribute to other key projects within EMEC.EMEC is leading the £28-million ReFLEX project which will design, build and deliver a virtual energy system in Orkney using localised power balancing mechanisms alongside digital control across the electricity, transport and heat networks.The project aims to create a ‘smart energy island’, demonstrating the energy system of the future, which will reduce and eventually eliminate the need for fossil fuels.Based in Orkney this full-time post is for an initial term to March 31, 2022.Closing date for applications is Friday, May 2, 2019 with interview date set for May 23, 2019.
Care Not Killing August 20151. There has been a steady increase in annual numbers of people undergoing assisted suicide in Oregon2. The Oregon health department is funding assisted suicide but not treatment for some cancer patients3. Patients are living for many years after having been prescribed lethal drugs for ‘terminal illness’ showing that the eligibility criteria are being stretched4. The vast majority of those choosing to kill themselves are doing so for existential reasons rather than on the basis of real medical symptoms5. Many people in Washington and Oregon give ‘fear of being a burden on others’ as a reason for ending their lives6. Fewer than three per cent of patients are being referred for formal psychiatric or psychological evaluation7. A substantial number of patients dying under the Oregon Act do not have terminal illnesses8. It is virtually certain that there is under-reporting of assisted suicide cases in Oregon9. Some doctors know the patient for less than a week before prescribing the lethal drugs10. The presence of no independent witnesses in over 80% of cases is a recipe for elder abusehttp://www.carenotkilling.org.uk/public/pdf/falconer-bill—oregon.pdfREAD: DON’T MAKE OREGON’S MISTAKE
Sharing is caring! 27 Views no discussions Tweet Share Spa & Wellness Centre. Photo credit: hotel-dvorak.czRoseau, Dominica – (July 7th, 2011)- Dominica, will host the second symposium of the Caribbean Spa and Wellness Association (C-SWA) on marketing strategies from July 12 – 13, 2011 at the Fort Young Hotel. The destination was selected for this regional meeting following a team effort from the Ministry of Tourism and Legal Affairs, the Discover Dominica Authority (DDA) and C-SWA Board Director, Lilian Piper. This symposium will showcase what Dominica has to offer in the health and wellness sector, and will provide guidance on the way forward in developing this market while in its infant stage. The Caribbean Spa and Wellness Association, in collaboration with Caribbean Export Development Agency (Carib Export), and with technical assistance from the DDA, expect local stakeholders and 40 persons from the private sector, CARIFORUM policy makers and international partners from around the Caribbean, the UK, Thailand and Germany to discuss a marketing strategy and way forward to brand the Caribbean as the world’s largest wellness and spa destination. C-SWA has received US$800,000 in funding to become the leading support organization for Health & Wellness stakeholders. Research conducted by the Carib-Export indicates that the health and wellness sector is growing rapidly in the Caribbean. This sector translates dollars not only to the hoteliers and service providers, but also to the manufacturing and agricultural sectors. C-SWA’s mission is to brand the Caribbean as the world’s largest Spa and Wellness destination of the world. For more information on Dominica, contact Discover Dominica Authority at 767 448 2045.Or, visit Dominica’s official website: www.discoverdominica.com or follow Dominica on Twitter and take a look at our videos on Youtube. LocalNews Dominica to Host the Caribbean Spa & Wellness Association Symposium on Marketing Strategies by: – July 7, 2011 Share Share
BATESVILLE — Investigators believe speed and possibly drug use led to a serious crash where a man was ejected from a vehicle on I-74 Friday afternoon.The crash occurred near the 148 mile marker around 4:30 p.m. The westbound lane was closed at Batesville for nearly two hours.21-year-old Jacob H. Easterbrook, of Indianapolis, was driving a 1999 Chevrolet 1500 pickup truck and attempted to pass a semi. Investigators say the semi started to change lanes and Easterbrook locked his brakes, skidded off the road and struck a guard rail.He was not wearing a seatbelt and was ejected after impact. Easterbrook suffered a broken leg and was flown to University Hospital in Cincinnati as a precautionary measure and was later released.The accident led to a secondary crash when a vehicle driven by Mohamad Saleh was struck by debris. Saleh was not injured and his vehicle suffered only minor damage.State Troopers believe speed and possible use of illegal drugs contributed to the crash. Detectives are waiting on blood test results.Indiana State Police were assisted on the scene by Batesville Police and Batesville Fire & EMS.
METAMORA TOWNSHIP, Ind. — A body was found Friday off U.S. 52 in Metamora Township.Police are investigating if it is the body of a Cincinnati woman who has been missing for weeks.A farmer who owns the land called police around noon Friday telling them he found a body on his property.Therese Barrett was reported missing May 9.Police said she suffers from unknown medical and mental issues that require medication.Her car was found off U.S. 52. May 10.
Promoted Content5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme ParksInsane 3D Spraying Skills Turn In Incredible Street ArtIs This The Most Delicious Food In The World?What Is A Black Hole And Is It Dangerous For Us All?6 Incredibly Strange Facts About HurricanesBest Car Manufacturers In The WorldBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made10 Risky Jobs Some Women Do6 Interesting Ways To Make Money With A DroneWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?14 Hilarious Comics Made By Women You Need To Follow Right NowHere Are The Top 10 Tiniest Mobile Phones On The Planet! Read Also: Ronaldo, Juve teammates celebrate Serie A title in styleHowever, he does have a €25m release clause, and the Blues could use that to leverage a deal, with doubts over the long term futures of Marcos Alonso and Emerson.Barcelona would be eligible for a 40% windfall from any potential deal, as per the terms of his move from the Camp Nou.FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 Loading… Premier League campaigners Chelsea are reportedly targeting Getafe’s Marc Cucurella, with a €30m summer offer. Cucurella joined Jose Bordalas’ side in a permanent switch in March after arriving on loan at the start of the 2019-20 campaign.Advertisement The Spanish U21 international has enjoyed an eye-catching season in the south of Madrid, as Bordalas’ side narrowly missed out on a second successive Europa League qualification. Frank Lampard is in the market for a new left back ahead of the 2020-21 season, and Cucurella, who can play at left back or left wing, could be a perfect addition, as per reports from Diario AS.Getafe want to keep hold of Cucurella, with Bordalas in a strong position due to a full transfer being agreed less than four months ago.