An attorney in Trinidad and Tobago was sentenced to 19 years in prison for conspiring with three other persons to kill his secretary in 2001.In court on Friday, justice Maria Wilson handed down the sentence to Joseph Melville.The attorney has been sentenced for Conspiracy to Murder, Attempted Murder, Kidnapping and Assault occasioning actual bodily harm.ConspiracyThe court heard that on the 28th June, 2001, Melville conspired with three other persons to kill his secretary, Patricia Cox.It’s reported that Melville had been hired by Veronica Rostant to administer the estate of her late son. On the 26th June, 2001, Rostant visited Melville’s office with a police officer, PC Frank – who asked Melville when Rostant would get the monies owed to her from the estate.Melville told Frank and Rostant that she would “get organized” by Friday 29th June, 2001.Believed secretary leaked information’The accused believed that Cox was responsible for “talking his business” with Frank and Rostant and, thus, he arranged with three other persons to have her killed.On the 28th June, 2001, the accused asked Cox to go and collect statements and bring them back to him.He directed her to go into a vehicle with three other men.Those men eventually took her to the community of Cumberland Hill. While there, one of the men, named Holder, held a stone over her head threatening to bash her head in. He and another man (Ainsley Alleyne) then proceeded to debate how they should kill her. Cox used the opportunity to throw herself off a cliff.She was eventually taken back up by Holder where he started to choke her. He eventually let go of her when someone called out to him.Secretary escapesCox regained consciousness and went under a cliff where she hid till the early morning hours.Cox, who had been stripped naked, then walked through the forest and eventually arrived at a house at around 1 pm where she was assisted.The accused was arrested but denied any knowledge of the incident.Ainsley Alleyne was also arrested and gave a statement to the police. He was eventually granted immunity and became a witness for the State.Alleyne died after giving evidence in the preliminary enquiry.His deposition was read at the trial.
NASSAU, Bahamas, CMC – The Bahamas has deported more than 100 Haitian nationals less than two weeks after Prime Minister Dr. Hubert Minnis warned illegal migrants they should either leave the country voluntarily or be “forced to leave” following the passage of Hurricane Dorian last month.A statement issued by the Department of immigration said that a Bahamasair flight departed the Lynden Pindling International Airport for Port-au-Prince, Haiti with a total of 112 Haitian nationals escorted by a team of law enforcement officers.The statement said that 21 females were among those deported and that it “will continue its commitment to carrying out the mandates of our agency to combat illegal migration by establishing effective border control management in compliance with the Statute Laws of our country”.The brief statement did not indicate whether those deported had survived the passage of the storm, but at the start of this month, Minnis in a statement in Parliament warned illegal migrants who survived the passage of Hurricane Dorian on September 1 killing at least 60 people and leaving millions of dollars in damage, that the government would be implementing its deportation of illegal migrants in keeping with the law.“We are a country of laws and our laws in respect to illegal immigrants… will be carried out; however, they will be carried out in a humane manner. Therefore, I serve notice to all those who are illegal that they can leave voluntarily or they will be forced to leave,” Minnis told legislators.The human rights group, Rights Bahamas, has criticized the decision of the government saying it has alerted its international human rights groups to the “government’s savage, cold-hearted and illegal plan.Attorney General Carl Bethel said migrants who have lost their jobs as a result of the hurricane “need to go home” even if their work permits have not yet expired,.In an earlier statement, the Department of Immigration warned prospective employers of storm victims that need work permits must prove their applicant has satisfactory living conditions because if they don’t, they will be denied.“The public is advised that non-nationals seeking employment in The Bahamas must be approved by the Immigration Department and that applications for the issuance of the first work permit will not be accepted or considered unless the individual is physically present and resident in his or her country of origin at the same time that the first application is made,” the Department of Immigration said.The issue of illegal immigration from Haiti to the Bahamas has been a long-standing problem with Haitians being stigmatized in the country.Apart from the island of New Providence, Abaco is believed to have had the largest population of Haitians, many residing in informal shantytowns. The largest two, The Mudd and Pigeon Pea, in Abaco’s capital, Marsh Harbour, suffered severe damage when Hurricane Dorian swept through the archipelago.
Real Madrid forward, Cristiano Ronaldo have been named the best player of the 2016/17 UEFA Champions League season ahead of Lionel Messi and Gigi Buffon.Congratulations @Cristiano Ronaldo, UEFA Men’s Player of the Year 2016/17! ? ???#TheUEFAawards #UCLdraw pic.twitter.com/c5hp96ZgBy— #UCLdraw (@ChampionsLeague) August 24, 2017More to follow shortly…RelatedUEFA Champions League: Player Of The Year Award Shortlist AnnouncedAugust 15, 2017In “Europe”UEFA Champions League – Best Player Award Shortlist AnnouncedAugust 4, 2017In “Europe”Van Dijk Beats Messi And Ronaldo To UEFA Player of the Year AwardAugust 29, 2019In “Europe”
D’Tigers of Nigeria head coach, Alex Nwora has released the final 12-man list of players that will represent Nigeria at the 2017 FIBA Afrobasket.The final 12-man list include captain, Diogu Ike, Washington Wizards center Daniel Ochefu, Abdul Yahaya, Dike Azuoma, Deji Akindele. O’karo Akamune, Bryant Mbamalu, Ike Nwamu, Akin Akingbala, Ike Iroegbu, Anthony Odunsi and Kelechi Anuna.Two home-based players, Victor Anthony and Musa Usman will travel with the team to the continental tournament despite not making the final 12-man cut.The team, lead by Head Coach, Alex Nwora, will depart Nigeria for Tunis, Tunisia by 6.20am Wednesday morning via a Royal Air Maroc flight.The defending champions, D’Tigers are in group A alongside, DR Congo, Mali, and Cote d’Ivoire.The 2017 FIBA Afrobasket Championship tips off from Friday 8 – 16 September in two cities, Tunis, Tunisia and Dakar, Senegal.RelatedEight Players Sent Home As D’Tigers Gears Up Preparation For 2017 FIBA AfroBasketSeptember 3, 2017In “National Team”D’Tigers Begins Afrobasket Title Defence TodaySeptember 8, 2017In “National Team”Ike Diogu Sets Sights On 2019 FIBA World Cup TicketJune 29, 2018In “Africa”
Former Super Eagles goalkeeper Ike Shorunmu has thrown his support behind Francis Uzoho as Nigeria’s number one at next year’s FIFA World Cup in Russia.Deportivo La Coruna goalkeeper Uzoho won a lot of plaudits for his performance as an halftime substitute during Nigeria’s 4-2 win over Argentina earlier this month.In his words via Punch, the former Eagles goalkeeper trainer said: “With what I saw him do against Argentina, I believe Uzoho is good enough to be Eagles number one at the World Cup if the coaches find him fit for the role.”“As a former keeper, I saw the qualities of a good keeper in him. He has a good command of his area and communicates well with his defenders. He also positioned himself well so that he could make some good saves. He is a young keeper and has many more years ahead of him, so he will learn with more matches and improve as he gets the playing time.”On the calls for the return of Lille goalkeeper Vincent Enyeama, Shorunmu said the former Enyimba man should be allowed to make a decision on the matter.The former 3SC goalkeeper said: “Enyeama should be allowed to make a public decision on his intention to either return to the Eagles, where he left of his own will, or to remain out of it. The team have been on a good run in his absence so, if he stays out, it will not affect their performance.“If he is forced by the coaches and fans to return to the team – against his own free will – it may spell doom for the team. The keepers in the team are battling to do well and I believe they will get better with more matches before the World Cup.” he concluded.RelatedUzoho Admits Okoye Fears, Dismisses Akpeyi, Ezenwa Challenge (AUDIO)August 8, 2020In “Featured”Current Eagles Goalkeepers Are Good Enough – DosuApril 4, 2018In “National Team””I’m No Age Cheat” – Francis Uzoho Fires Back At CriticsMay 4, 2020In “Featured”
StumbleUpon Related Articles Ricahrd ScottStockholm-listed European sports betting operator Betsson AB has confirmed the appointment of Richard Scott as its new Head of Global Trading. Scott joins the multi-brand operator from UK betting firm Gala Coral, where he held the position of Head of Football Trading for Coral’s sports betting division (2013-2017).Updating the market, Betsson HR detailed that Scott would be officially joining its operations by the end of the month, and will report directly to former Coral colleague Nick Maurice who acts as Betsson Group Trading Director.Issuing a short statement on the appointment of Scott, Nick Maurice commented on the hire“I’m delighted to be working with Richard once again and to be welcoming him to the trading team at Betsson. We’ve invested a lot in our sportsbook over the past year, and that includes investing in the right people.”This week, Betsson governance posted its full-year 2016 trading update, in which the company detailed corporate growth despite being impacted by severe European currency fluctuations and unfriendly football results in Q4 2016.Betsson governance detailed that following a turbulent 2016 for its sports betting division, it would aim to recover its position by strengthening its multi-brand strategy across regulated European markets. Share Betsson outrides pandemic challenges as regulatory dramas loom July 21, 2020 GiG lauds its ‘B2B makeover’ delivering Q2 growth August 11, 2020 Share Andy McCue returns to betting with Betsson AB June 22, 2020 Submit
Submit StumbleUpon K8 Gaming cited the “large experience” and “solid background” built by EveryMatrix, after choosing the industry provider to drive the re-launch of its casino brand in the UK.The UK-K8 brand will also offer multiple sports betting options via EveryMatrix’s fully-managed sportsbook solution, while the site will also utilise EveryMatrix payment and affiliate platforms.David Williams, K8 Gaming Manager, said: “We are happy to re-launch our brand into the UK on an EveryMatrix platform. Their large experience and their solid background convinced us to choose EveryMatrix as the provider of choice in building this great website that is particularly designed for British players and their appeal for better gaming.”Ebbe Groes, CEO of EveryMatrix, commented: “After a long period of continuous investment in our gaming platform, we are quite satisfied to launch another Tier One operator in the UK. Introducing K8 to the British players represents another great opportunity for us to further increase our presence in this competitive region.”The principal shirt sponsor for West Bromwich Albion FC, K8 offers a large portfolio of popular slots, table and live dealer casino games from Microgaming, NetEnt, NYX, Play’n GO, Evolution Gaming, and Playson, all of which are featured on EveryMatrix’s CasinoEngine aggregator. PartnerMatrix drives user engagement with two new deals August 13, 2020 MoneyMatrix boosts wire transfer options by integrating Klarna’s Sofort August 24, 2020 Erik Nyman joins EveryMatrix as US lead August 6, 2020 Share Share Related Articles
Submit Polish wagering report highlights STS market dominance August 17, 2020 Share VBET agrees Armenian Premier League and Armenian Cup sponsorship August 13, 2020 Mateusz Juroszek – Non-stop STS will expand amid industry disruptions August 12, 2020 STS has become the first Polish bookmaker to extend its reach across Europe after securing a deal with software developer BetConstruct for both sports betting and gaming content.BetConstruct will provide its sportsbook product – as well as those for esports, live and RNG casino, virtual sports and statistics – to enable STS to expand into the UK, Germany, Norway, Iceland, Luxembourg, Slovenia, Andorra, San Marino, Gibraltar, Malta and Latvia.Mateusz Juroszek, STS CEO, said: “STS is the undisputed leader of the Polish bookmaking market. After the success of the company in the country, it’s time to start operations in Europe. “Our many years of experience gained in the country is a unique know-how that will allow us to gain a wide range of new customers, so our goal is to take advantage of the significant competitive edge given by BetConstruct solutions.”Vigen Badalyan, Founder and CEO of BetConstruct, commented: “STS is the first Polish bookmaker to expand its gaming audience to the European region. For the company to conquer the new markets, we guarantee full compliance with the regulated markets and an excellent performance of our comprehensive solutions.”Thanks to numerous investments in the development of the betting offer, modern technologies and new functionalities for its users, STS has increased revenues more than tenfold over the last six years – from PLN 220 million to PLN 2.41 billion. Currently, STS has over 47% share in the Polish bookmaking market, with 80% of turnover generated online, through applications dedicated to Android and iOS, a website and mobile version.Juroszek added: “In the first stage of our presence abroad, we want to focus on 2 million Poles who are abroad. Our brand awareness among these people is extremely high, so our goal is to take advantage of this significant competitive advantage.” Related Articles Share StumbleUpon
Share MoneyMatrix boosts wire transfer options by integrating Klarna’s Sofort August 24, 2020 PartnerMatrix drives user engagement with two new deals August 13, 2020 Submit Share StumbleUpon Related Articles Erik Nyman joins EveryMatrix as US lead August 6, 2020 Stian Hornsletten – EveryMatrixGerman legacy online betting brand mybet will relaunch its player operating services/functions utilising EveryMatrix software provisions.Issuing a market update, EveryMatrix informs that its GamMatrix system will be used as mybet’s lead player management platform – providing services and extensions for seamless wallet integrations, CMS, in-depth customizable reporting, fraud detection and prevention tools.In addition, mybet will be further serviced by EveryMatrix’s MoneyMatrix payment system allowing the German online bookmaker access to over 150 payment processing merchant solutions.Backing EveryMatrix, Tobias Carlsson, Rhinoceros Group CEO, said: “We have a longstanding relationship with EveryMatrix, and both parties have helped the other to successfully compete in the marketplace. We are confident this great cooperation will continue also with Mybet.”Back in Q4 2018, mybet entered Frankfurt insolvency court proceedings, as the legacy betting group had failed to secure investment funds supporting its day-to-day operations.Founded in 1998, mybet one of the sector’s oldest online gambling brands, would have its assets acquired by igaming investment fund Rhinoceros Group, who declared that the legacy operator would be relaunched following a strategic overhaul of its operations and strategy.Entering 2019, Rhinoceros announced that it would relaunch mybet sportsbook properties utilising Kambi as lead sportsbook platform/software supplier.Backing mybet upcoming plans Stian Hornsletten, Co-founder of EveryMatrix and CasinoEngine CEO, commented:“We already have a strong partnership with Rhinoceros Group and we gladly stepped up to the challenge of helping Mybet create such detailed integration. Mybet is a powerful brand with high notoriety and we are pleased to provide our technology for their renewed journey. The new integration is a solid proof of GamMatrix and CasinoEngine’s high-availability, scalability and performance.”
International betting operator Parimatch strengthened its commitment to esports after it teamed up with ESforce Holding to host the Dota2 Parimatch League Season 1. The tournament, which had a prize pool of $75,000, attracted over 1,000 spectators to the Yota Arena in Moscow. It marked the first time that a betting operator had organised its own esports competition. Stepan Shulga, Head of esports at Parimatch commented; “We managed to create a unique Russian-language league for players, which has become an excellent base for rivalry in the CIS region. I hope that our tournament has pleased the esports community and will further develop the Russian-speaking scene of Dota 2. In the competition’s inaugural season, broadcasts of the tournament have accrued over 6 million views across its Twitch platform, with the average number of viewers for the league reaching 36,000. The finals of the Parimatch Leagues saw a number of CIS esports teams compete against one another, and included Virtus.Pro, HellRaisers, Team Spirit and jfshfh178 of which Virtus.Pro took the $40,000 winning prize.Maxim Maslov, Epic Esports Events CEO, added: “We saw a very impressive level of play in the first season. We are sure that the fans were entertained. We want to develop the Dota 2 community throughout the CIS, and League Parimatch helps us a lot in this. “In addition, we strive to give talented players the opportunity to develop – and we believe in the next season we will see new future stars.”Parimatch plans to continue to support esports by confirming plans to develop its own esports league, with a prize pool of $100,000.Shulga continued: “We are excited to announce the second season of Parimatch League, where the best teams from the CIS region will now fight for a $100,000 prize pool. It will be worth following.” Ukraine gambling bill enacted by President Zelensky August 11, 2020 Parimatch hails top talent of inaugural ‘Universal Sports & Games Hackathon’ August 14, 2020 Share Parimatch named official betting partner of OMEGA league August 3, 2020 Related Articles Submit Share StumbleUpon