It is hoped that the Glenties Community Playground can be reopened to the public soon following its sudden closure last week.Families were shocked to find padlocks on the playground gates before the Halloween holidays after the Glenties Playground Committee closed the space due to funding issues.The committee is calling for Donegal County Council to take over responsibility for the area as funding is needed to cover insurance and upkeep costs. It is now hoped that a resolution can be found to reopen the playground for children again.Glenties Community Playground. Photo: Sue Barrington PhotographyCllr Anthony Molloy said: “We are talking to the council to achieve a favourable outcome on everything for the good of everybody.“I have no doubt that we can get a resolution to get this playground opened as soon as possible.”Cllr Molloy, who met with the playground committee on Saturday, said that upgrade works are a key issue behind the closure of the space. “It’s been a few years since there was any sort of upgrading, and with playground likes this we need to spend money to keep things in working order.”Glenties Community Playground. Photo: Sue Barrington PhotographyCllr Molloy added he is confident that the local council can find the necessary funding to upgrade the area and improve children’s safety so it can reopen once more.“The playground is closed for two weeks but I am confident that we can all come to a good outcome.” ‘No doubt’ that resolution can be found for Glenties playground was last modified: October 30th, 2019 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:cllr anthony molloyGlenties Community Playground
CLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos on a mobile deviceCLICK HERE if you are having a problem viewing the photos or video on a mobile devicePerhaps nothing matters for these Warriors until the playoffs start.Perhaps the Warriors’ embarrassing loss to the Phoenix Suns on Sunday is totally irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. After all, the Warriors have proven a few times this year that their top gear is better than anyone else’s in the NBA. And these are …
29 September 2011The Square Kilometre Array South Africa team have reached another milestone with the completion of the seven antennas of the prototype KAT-7 and the delivery of the telescope’s first astronomical image.South Africa, allied with eight other African countries, is competing against Australia (allied with New Zealand) to host the €1.5-billion Square Kilometre Array (SKA), an instrument 50-100 times more sensitive and 10 000 times faster than any radio imaging telescope yet built.The KAT-7 is a prototype for the MeerKAT radio telescope array, an 80-dish precursor instrument for the SKA, being built by the SKA South Africa team on the Karoo Astronomy Reserve outside the small town of Carnarvon in the Northern Cape province.First astronomical imageLast month, SKA South Africa announced that all seven of the KAT-7’s dishes had been fitted with “cold” radio receivers, signaling the successful completion of the telescope antennas.The first astronomical image – of the galaxy Centaurus A, whose intense radio emission is powered by a massive black hole in the centre of the galaxy – has already been made using cold receivers on all seven KAT-7 dishes.According to SKA South Africa, the resulting image was much more sensitive than a preliminary image made with just four of the KAT-7 dishes fitted with un-cooled receivers in 2010.“The radio receivers and all their components are cooled to about 70 Kelvin (minus 203 Celsius) in order to reduce the ‘noise’ which is inherent in all radio (and TV) receivers,” SKA South Africa said in a statement. “This allows the telescope to see much fainter objects than it would if the receivers and ‘feeds’ operated at room temperature and were not cooled.”‘Early science’ for the MeerKAT and SKAThe improvement would allow the KAT-7 to perform “early science” in preparation for the MeerKAT and the SKA.“These preliminary observations will be focused on the needs of the MeerKAT large survey projects, and include imaging of nearby galaxies and work on radio transients and pulsars, for which KAT-7 is well suited.”The KAT-7 is testing technology for the MeerKAT, which is in its early construction phase and is due for completion in 2016.The MeerKAT, besides being an important step towards the realization of the SKA, will be among the most powerful telescopes in the world in its own right, providing African scientists and engineers with a cutting-edge instrument for revolutionary science and technology.“This latest milestone in the development of the KAT-7 telescope has again been achieved on schedule,” said MeerKAT project manager Willem Esterhuyse.Esterhuyse commended the technical staff on the site – Siyabulela Tshongweni, Sibusiso Wakhaba, Andre Walker and Matthys Maree – all of whom have been trained in their special high-tech skills by the SKA SA project.The international science funding agencies and governments involved in the international SKA consortium are due to announce the winning bidder for the SKA in 2012, with construction likely to start in 2016 and take place in phases over several years, with completion by about 2022.SAinfo reporter
Stronger peso trims PH debt value to P7.9 trillion Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Read Next His last match resulted in a unanimous-decision victory against Derek Brunson at UFC 208 last February.With another lengthy suspension likely ahead of him, the seasoned fighter looks to have no intention of hanging his gloves anytime soon.“I will not give up, much less stop doing what I love, not because of fame or money, it’s because I love to fight,” he explained.“So no matter what happens from now on, nothing changes, my plans are the same, nothing has changed. A big kiss for everyone and see you soon.” /ra Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles01:37Protesters burn down Iran consulate in Najaf01:47Panelo casts doubts on Robredo’s drug war ‘discoveries’01:29Police teams find crossbows, bows in HK university01:35Panelo suggests discounted SEA Games tickets for students02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games John Lloyd Cruz a dashing guest at Vhong Navarro’s wedding View comments LATEST STORIES Once heralded as MMA’s pound-for-pound best fighter in the world, the 42-year-old Brazilian legend is facing scrutiny after once again getting flagged for a performance-enhancing banned substance. Japan ex-PM Nakasone who boosted ties with US dies at 101 CPP denies ‘Ka Diego’ arrest caused ‘mass panic’ among S. Tagalog NPA MOST READ Kammuri turning to super typhoon less likely but possible — Pagasa Brace for potentially devastating typhoon approaching PH – NDRRMC How the mighty have fallen.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSWATCH: Drones light up sky in final leg of SEA Games torch runSPORTSSEA Games: Philippines picks up 1st win in men’s water poloSPORTSMalditas save PH from shutoutThis idiom perhaps best describes former longtime UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva.ADVERTISEMENT Shortly after the promotion removed Silva from his main event bout against Kelvin Gastelum at UFC Fight Night 122, “The Spider” took to Instagram to address the situation.“Obviously, I think everything is part of a process of evolution, with each passing day, I can learn more about who I am. I’m here to thank all my fans, especially my coaches and all the contributors for this long journey,” Silva wrote in a lengthy post.“I can’t express my feelings and how sad I am, because we all invest love, passion and time in this camp, I don’t know exactly the plans of GOD for me, but anyway, I can only thank him and all of you, for the love and affection, nothing is more gratifying at this moment than having you by my side.”After going undefeated in the UFC from 2006 to 2013—with 16 consecutive wins and 10 title defenses—Silva lost twice to former Middleweight Champion Chris Weidman.His victory over Nick Diaz got overturned after testing positive for drostanolone and androsterone, then lost two more fights against Michael Bisping and Daniel Cormier.ADVERTISEMENT San Beda sweeps Lyceum for 21st NCAA championship QC cops nab robbery gang leader, cohort Typhoon Kammuri accelerates, gains strength en route to PH
Former England batsman Ian Bell believes the Eoin Morgan-led side, who are the first team to enter the semi-finals of the ongoing Champions Trophy after their thumping win over New Zealand, are yet to play their best in the competition.”The exciting thing about this England team is that it hasn’t played its best game yet. That’s still to come. And the best teams save their best games for when they really matter,” Bell wrote in his column for the International Cricket Council.Strong bowling performances from pacers Liam Plunkett and Jake Ball helped England register an emphatic 87-run victory over the Black Caps in their second Group A match of the Champions Trophy at Sophia Gardens in Cardiff on Tuesday.Chasing a target of 311, the Black Caps were bundled out for 223 runs in just 44.3 overs. None of the Kiwi batters, expect skipper Kane Williamson, could stay long at the crease.For England, Plunkett was pick of the bowlers as he finished with figures of 4-55 besides Man-of-the-Match Ball who gave away just 31 runs in the eight overs he bowled and picked up two wickets.Spinner Adil Rashid, who came into the side as Chris Woakes’ replacement also came out with a good bowling performance and picked up two crucial wickets apart from drying the runs for the New Zealand batters.”Jake Ball gave England the best possible start with that early power play wicket, doing his job perfectly, and was given Player of the Match for some terrific bowling, but my pick of the bowlers was Liam Plunkett again,” said Bell.advertisement”Another four-wicket haul to his name will give him massive confidence and so it should. He’s playing fantastically. On a personal note, I’m over the moon for him. Since he’s been back in this team he’s shown everyone just what ability he has.””He’s been around the set-up for so long and I’m thrilled to see him producing the goods. Liam is a wicket-taker, pure and simple. And that’s exactly what you need in 50-over cricket. It’s not about preventing runs anymore, it’s about going out on the attack and making things happen. He does that,” he added.Earlier, put into bat, the Eoin Morgan-led side posted a decent total of 310, courtesy some blistering half centuries from Alex Hales (56), Joe Root (64) and Jos Buttler (61). All-rounder Ben Stokes also played a useful hand of 48 to help his side cross the 300 mark.”As a former England opener, I know just how much pressure Jason Roy will be under and all I can do is reiterate what I said before. I really hope England do what Eoin Morgan says they’ll do and back their man. He deserves to be given time to get his game back to where we all know it can be. And with the team winning, it’s the perfect opportunity to,” said Bell.The former England opener termed England’s Tuesday’s win as complete team win.”In many ways England’s 87-run victory was a complete team win, with the batsmen all largely contributing and all of our bowlers sharing the wickets.I don’t think it’s unfair of me to say a margin of victory like that can be considered a bit of a hammering and England will take massive confidence by booking itself a place in the 14 June semi-final in Cardiff after just two games.””It wasn’t flashy, we didn’t see a lot of the explosive hitting which has made this team so popular over the last couple of years, but what we did see was a real collective effort to contribute to what ultimately was a very, very impressive victory,” he added.England play their last group match against Australia, which would be a do-or-die match for the Steve Smith-led side, on June 10.
Does your local Association or Permit run on the strength and hard work of volunteers and always need more assistance in terms of equipment? This information may just strike a chord with you. On 27 January 2005, the Minister for Family and Community Services Kay Patterson announced funding for the Volunteer Small Equipment Grants 2005 to help Australia’s volunteers to carry on with their vital work. Organisations can apply for grants of up to $3000 to buy small equipment items that support the work of volunteers by making it easier, safer and/or more enjoyable. Under the Volunteer Small Equipment Grants 2005, priority will be given to organisations that: * have relatively small operating budgets with limited funding sources and a relatively high volunteer to staff ratio; * demonstrate that their requested equipment will provide maximum benefit to all their volunteers by making their work safer, easier and/or more enjoyable; * demonstrate that the organisation’s work supports families and/or strengthens their local communities; * have requested equipment that will have maximum benefit in the local community for a small outlay; and * have not received funding under VSEG 2003 or VSEG 2004. Organisations are encouraged to complete and submit their application form online. For more information or the online application form, simply use the following link to visit the Australian Government website. For further information or to request an application form be posted to you, please phone the toll free Volunteer Small Equipment Grants 2005 Hotline on 1800 153 477. Organisations with special needs may contact the department on TTY 1800 055 001. Applications close at 5pm EDST Friday 4 March 2005. It is important to note that online applications received and postal applications post-marked after this date will not be included in the assessment process. Before completing the application form, please ensure that you have read the guidelines and that you are familiar with the purpose of the Volunteer Small Equipment Grants 2005. GRANTS OPPORTUNITY FOR TOUCH VOLUNTEERS
Crystal Palace plan new January move for Chelsea striker Batshuayiby Paul Vegas18 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveCrystal Palace are planning a new move for Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi in January.Palace, who are currently sixth in the Premier League, plan to bolster their attack when the transfer window reopens and have made Chelsea striker Batshuayi a leading target, says the Daily Mail.The 26 year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Selhurst Park and was a popular figure, scoring six times in 11 starts and 13 appearances in total.Palace hope Chelsea could be persuaded to part with Batshuayi due to Tammy Abraham’s emergence, along with the presence of Olivier Giroud in Frank Lampard’s squad, and also the Belgian’s contract situation.Batshuayi signed a five-year deal when he joined Chelsea, who beat Palace to his signature, from Marseille in 2016 for £33m. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
PASADENA, CA – JANUARY 01: A general view during the College Football Playoff Semifinal between the Florida State Seminoles and the Oregon Ducks at the Rose Bowl Game presented by Northwestern Mutual at the Rose Bowl on January 1, 2015 in Pasadena, California. (Photo by Harry How/Getty Images)Former Florida State running back Devonta Freeman has done the Seminoles proud, rushing for 811 yards through 11 games for the Atlanta Falcons. But Freeman will likely find himself as a fan favorite in Tallahassee for another reason this week.In the team’s locker room this past Friday, Freeman called out a cameraman who was wearing Florida Gators gear. Freeman found a roll of black tape and covered up the logo. Check it out:So this happened today @devontafreeman @AHittel pic.twitter.com/jeXktGa4N8— Ashley Rose (@AshleyTVRose) December 4, 2015Well-played, for sure. We imagine the cameraman won’t be making the same mistake next time around.
Spanish powerhouse Barça only won once in its three matches in the International Champions Cup in the United States, and will now have a difficult task next Sunday against Sevilla in the Spanish Super CupWith a last minute goal by AC Milan’s André Silva, Barcelona failed to win their last two matches in the International Champions Cup, and will now have a really big test against Sevilla for the Spanish Super Cup.In three games played in United States’ soil, Barça couldn’t figure out how to get a proper victory and managed to give a poor display of football for their fans.The team started their tour with a 2-2 tie at the Rose Bowl stadium in Los Angeles against English side Tottenham Spurs, and would only get a 5-3 victory thanks to the penalty kicks, where the “Blaugrana” strikers proved to be efficient.Then on Wednesday, Roma proved to be too much to handle at the AT&T Stadium, where three second-half goals were enough by the Italians to beat Barcelona.Quiz: How much do you know about David Villa? Boro Tanchev – September 14, 2019 Time to test your knowledge about Spanish legendary forward David Villa.And on Saturday night in Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, André Silva was able to score the only goal of the match giving AC Milan the upper hand against the Catalans.The Spanish club will now travel to Europe, where they will meet Sevilla for the Super Cup trophy. The match will be played at Grand Stade de Tanger on Sunday night.Your @Mastercard goal of the match was scored by André Silva. A classy finish to win the match for @acmilan #ICC2018 #ChampionsMeetHere pic.twitter.com/nX1XxLvYYG— International Champions Cup (@IntChampionsCup) August 5, 2018
Former England manager Sam Allardyce has lambasted Manchester United star Anthony Martial, following the Frenchman’s performance versus Brighton & Hove Albion.Martial produced a poor performance in the first 45 minutes, with a lack of flair in attacking areas having then plagued the Red Devils throughout the second-half as they sought a way back into the game.Manchester United, on the other hand, looked an accident waiting to happen at the back, particularly in the first half.The likes of Eric Bailly, Fred, and Victor Lindelof were singled out for their dismal performances, but it is another of United’s star men, who also looked some way short of his best today, who has been targeted by Sam Allardyce tonight.”Martial’s not good enough for @ManUtd.”#beINPL #MUFC pic.twitter.com/gb9HlSOPezSolskjaer praises Harry Maguire after Man United’s 1-0 win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer singled out Harry Maguire for praise after helping Manchester United keep a clean sheet in their 1-0 win over Leicester City.— beIN SPORTS (@beINSPORTS) August 19, 2018Speaking as part of his punditry role on beIN Sports, former England boss Allardyce, never one to mince words, revealed his opinion that Martial is simply ‘not good enough for Manchester United’.Allardyce went on to claim that the French winger has not developed in any way as a player since his move to Old Trafford and questioned why Martial is not now on the level of the likes of Manchester City pair Leroy Sane and Raheem Sterling.