About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say Tottenham lose Hugo Lloris before Leicester kickoffby Paul Vegasa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveTottenham lost Hugo Lloris before kickoff against Leicester City.He was forced to rush back to London to attend the birth of his child.Lloris was due to start but left the team hotel on Saturday morning to be by his wife’s side in hospital, meaning Spurs have had to make a late selection change.Back-up goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga has replaced Lloris between the posts, as the 27-year-old makes just his 13th appearance since joining the club in August 2017.
Crystal Palace plan new January move for Chelsea striker Batshuayiby Paul Vegas18 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveCrystal Palace are planning a new move for Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi in January.Palace, who are currently sixth in the Premier League, plan to bolster their attack when the transfer window reopens and have made Chelsea striker Batshuayi a leading target, says the Daily Mail.The 26 year-old spent the second half of last season on loan at Selhurst Park and was a popular figure, scoring six times in 11 starts and 13 appearances in total.Palace hope Chelsea could be persuaded to part with Batshuayi due to Tammy Abraham’s emergence, along with the presence of Olivier Giroud in Frank Lampard’s squad, and also the Belgian’s contract situation.Batshuayi signed a five-year deal when he joined Chelsea, who beat Palace to his signature, from Marseille in 2016 for £33m. TagsTransfersAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
About the authorFreddie TaylorShare the loveHave your say Liverpool legend Kuyt: Klopp’s squad better than 2008/09by Freddie Taylor9 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLiverpool legend Dirk Kuyt says the current team is better than the 2008-09 squad.Managed by Rafa Benitez, the Reds finished second behind Manchester United that year with a squad featuring Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard and Javier Mascherano.And Kuyt thinks Jurgen Klopp’s side will go one better this season.”We were very close to success,” Kuyt told Liverpool’s official website of the 2008-09 squad, “we just missed a small detail to go one step further.”With the likes of Stevie [Gerrard] and Jamie Carragher, Mascherano, Torres and other very good players, we just missed a little something.”If you see the build-up of the team of Klopp, you see it progressing every time and it looks like it’s now coming to success also in the Premier League. We were a particular team like that, only we couldn’t go one step further at that time.”Hopefully this team will do it because, in my opinion, this team now on the pitch is even better than ours.”
Dollarama Inc. shares experienced their biggest one-day decline of 2018 in heavy trading on Thursday, after the national discount retailer’s second-quarter revenue, earnings and sales growth were weaker than analysts expected and the company indicated that it has been reluctant to raise prices due to competitive pressures.The Montreal-based company’s stock — which has outpaced the Toronto S&P/TSX composite index over the past three years but began to lose momentum against the market benchmark earlier this year — was down $9.50 or 18 per cent at $42.57 shortly after 1 p.m.That erased all of Dollarama’s stock’s gains since they jumped up $4.32 to close at $44.91 on Sept. 7, 2017, after the company announced last year’s second-quarter results.Dollarama Inc. announced early Thursday that it earned $141.8 million for its fiscal second quarter ended July 29, up from $131.8 million a year ago.Despite the increased profit, the 43 cents per share of earnings was below the analyst estimate of 44 cents per share for the quarter, according to Thomson Reuters Eikon.Additionally, sales grew to $868.5 million, up from about $812.5 million in the same quarter last year, but were about two per cent below the analyst estimate of $887.6 million.Analyst Irene Nattel of RBC Dominion Securities acknowledged the second-quarter margin and cost improvements offset “tepid” same-store sales growth but lowered her price target for Dollarama’s stock to $52, from $55, to reflect a deceleration in Dollarama’s sales growth.Dollarama executives told analysts in a conference call that they had decided to delay pushing through a price increase for its customers for now because the cost of its imported goods has been more stable than expected and cost reductions introduced last year have offset the impact of higher minimum wages.“We initially expected inflationary headwinds on goods purchased in China to have a notable impact on gross margin in the second half of this year,” chief financial officer Michael Ross said.He added that, based on its orders with Chinese suppliers, the impact should be less than anticipated “leaving the margins for the remainder of the year stronger than originally expected.”In terms of labour costs, the company’s competitors haven’t pushed through the cost of higher minimum wages in Ontario to consumers and Dollarama decided to follow their lead, he said.Dollarama’s decision to postpone its usual price mark-ups will probably remain intact for the rest of the year, although they can be introduced quickly if circumstances change, Ross said.“It’s a daily decision,” chief executive Neil Rossy said. “It’s really an item by item study, as it always has been during our whole history, and that’s how we try to remain competitive across the entire store.”Rossy acknowledged that the decision to hold off on price increases had a negative influence in same-store sales, an important metric in the retail industry, which grew 2.6 per cent in this year’s second quarter.The same-store-sales growth compared unfavourably with the year-earlier growth of 6.1 per cent, but Rossy said that was especially strong because of souvenir sales geared to Canada’s 150th anniversary.However, Rossy added that Dollarama was also able to improve its gross margin to 39.7 per cent of sales, from 39.6 per cent, and diluted net earnings per common share increased by 13.2 per cent to 43 cents from 38 cents last year.Ross also pointed out that, based on experience in the first half of fiscal 2019, the company expects higher gross margin and EBITDA margin (a pretax measure of earnings) and lower percentage of revenue spent on sales and administration for the full 2019 financial year.Companies in this story: (TSX:DOL)
London: US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is in London for talks with British officials on the status of the special relationship between the nations amid heightened tensions with Iran and uncertainty over Britain’s exit from the European Union. Pompeo will meet Wednesday with British Prime Minister Theresa May and Foreign Secretary Jeremy Hunt and will later deliver a speech on the potential for improved U.S.-U.K. ties after Brexit. At his first event in the British capital, a meeting about religious freedom with Hunt and British faith leaders, including Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby, Pompeo told participants that the Trump administration is committed to the rights of all people to worship as they please. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince Salman ‘snubbed’ Pak PM Imran, recalled his private jet from US: Report”In the United States it’s in our Constitution, the First Amendment, it’s central to our founding,” he said. Welby thanked Pompeo for the administration’s attention to the matter, noting that Christians in the Middle East and Africa and religious minorities everywhere are under threat. But he also sounded a note of caution by telling Pompeo that foreign military inventions often have severe consequences for religious freedoms. “Where the interests of religious minorities are concerned, foreign interventions can often have very serious, long-term (impacts),” he said. Also Read – Iraq military admits ‘excessive force’ used in deadly protestsPompeo didn’t address Welby’s comment. Pompeo arrived in London after canceling a trip to Germany to make an unannounced visit to Baghdad, where he warned Iraqi officials about what he called imminent threats to American interests in the Middle East. Iran said earlier Wednesday that it would partially suspend its compliance with the 2015 nuclear deal from which President Donald Trump withdrew last year. Britain remains a party to the deal and has been working with the other European participants, France and Germany, on ways to salvage the accord in the wake of the U.S. withdrawal.
Former England manager Sam Allardyce has lambasted Manchester United star Anthony Martial, following the Frenchman’s performance versus Brighton & Hove Albion.Martial produced a poor performance in the first 45 minutes, with a lack of flair in attacking areas having then plagued the Red Devils throughout the second-half as they sought a way back into the game.Manchester United, on the other hand, looked an accident waiting to happen at the back, particularly in the first half.The likes of Eric Bailly, Fred, and Victor Lindelof were singled out for their dismal performances, but it is another of United’s star men, who also looked some way short of his best today, who has been targeted by Sam Allardyce tonight.”Martial’s not good enough for @ManUtd.”#beINPL #MUFC pic.twitter.com/gb9HlSOPezSolskjaer praises Harry Maguire after Man United’s 1-0 win Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Ole Gunnar Solskjaer singled out Harry Maguire for praise after helping Manchester United keep a clean sheet in their 1-0 win over Leicester City.— beIN SPORTS (@beINSPORTS) August 19, 2018Speaking as part of his punditry role on beIN Sports, former England boss Allardyce, never one to mince words, revealed his opinion that Martial is simply ‘not good enough for Manchester United’.Allardyce went on to claim that the French winger has not developed in any way as a player since his move to Old Trafford and questioned why Martial is not now on the level of the likes of Manchester City pair Leroy Sane and Raheem Sterling.
Thierry Henry has reportedly agreed to become the new manager of Bordeaux, according to reports in FranceThe former Arsenal and Barcelona forward is looking for his first managerial role after working as an assistant coach to Roberto Martinez at Belgium for the past two years.Now French news outlet RMC claim Henry has said “yes” to taking charge of Bordeaux, who recently fired Gus Poyet following his comments over the board’s handling of the sale of Gaetan Laborde to rival club Montpellier.While nothing is official yet, a final agreement is close to being finalised for Henry to replace the Uruguayan.PSG ultras sent a warning letter to Neymar Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Brazilian superstar Neymar might play today his first game of the season for Paris Saint-Germain and the team’s ultras have warned him.The Frenchman’s former Arsenal teammate Gilles Grimandi could also be joining him at the Nouveau Stade de Bordeaux as an assistant coach.Henry had been previously linked with Aston Villa, before they announced that they will be sticking with current manager Steve Bruce.Bordeaux have lost both of their opening games of the new Ligue 1 season.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, February 5, 2018 – North Caicos –BackgroundPremier Robinson and Hon Ralph Higgs on Thursday past toured Government Offices on North Caicos. Over the past few weeks, residents of North Caicos have reached out to Premier Robinson and Hon Ralph Higgs, the elected representative for the Twin Islands following the closure of several Government Offices over a period of a few days.The Representatives were informed that the Library, the Clinic and the Immigration Department in Bottle Creek were all closed. On receiving these complaints, both representatives confirmed them to be true with the relevant Department and Ministries. Minister Higgs traveled to the Island on receiving the news and was not satisfied that enough had been done and urgently enough to restore services that continued disrupted or hampered. As Minister with responsibility for District Administration and as the elected representative for the Twin Islands, both Premier Robinson and Hon Higgs thought it best to update the members of the community of Bottle Creek on their efforts following a joint visit on Thursday, February 1, 2018.The Joint text is set out below:We are aware that the Environmental Health Department had conducted inspections and had closed the Offices because of the presence of mold. The unfortunate thing is that the Spaces remained closed in the case of the Library for at least a week before it was cleaned which no doubt heightened the spread and growth of the mold. We were able to see during our Tour that all Offices are now cleaned and re – opened (in the case of the Clinic and the Immigration Department) and being prepared to re – open (in the case of the Library). It is regrettable that the Government – owned Buildings took longer and we are grateful for the quick cleaning carried out by the landlord for the space rented to the Immigration Department.The Bottle Creek Clinic had been temporarily operating from the Library and while efforts were being made to partition for greater privacy, we were informed by the Doctor through our Ministerial colleague that the Building was not suitable. There was a review of several options (2 premises were considered) on the Island for use and with the new Bottle Creek Clinic proceeding as planned, it was determined that it would not be prudent to spend large sums in retrofitting cost for rented accommodations. It was also determined that it was inappropriate for the Clinic to continue to operate from its current facility. Again ROM, Group of Companies (of which Hon Higgs is a partner) offered its accommodation free of cost and a Paper was submitted to Cabinet for approval. Since then Cabinet has approved the use of the Building formerly occupied by Digicel. This Building has been given free of charge for three months while the Ministry of Infrastructure prepare to repair the Clinic that was damaged following the Storm. District Administration, under the Premier’s Office is assisting with the cost for the Clinic’s relocation and preparation of the new temporary site to be occupied this week.We regret the chain of events and the inconvenience to the residents of the Bottle Creek community and we commit to assisting where can. Inquiries were made of the Deputy Governor, Mrs Anya Wlliams who did explain to us to the protocol to be followed once an inspection had been carried out and a determination of the kind made as in this instance. Whilst we recognize the structure in place seeks to remove as it were, political interference in the Public Service, we are of the view that Ministers should be built into certain Protocols and should on an occasion such as this, be officially advised of interruption of government services especially under their Ministries. Since this experience the Minister of Health has asked to be informed. This we believe will allow all ministerial colleagues to assist where they can.Hon Sharlene L Cartwright RobinsonPremier & Minister of FinanceThe Turks and Caicos Islands Related Items:
West Ham manager Manuel Pellegrini has backed club-record signing Felipe Anderson despite his lack of form and believes the Brazilian can still turn it around.West Ham fans are unhappy with Anderson’s work-rate, but Pellegrini believes the midfielder will find his form in the Premier League.Anderson signed for West Ham from Lazio in a transfer deal reported to worth up to £42m but has only managed one goal and one assist from 10 Premier League starts.Pellegrini told Sky Sports: “Happy with his [Anderson’s] performance? In a global way, I think I am not happy, I think Felipe is not happy. I think that everyone is not happy because he has demonstrated that he can do more.Report: Rice is committed to West Ham not a United move George Patchias – September 4, 2019 Declan Rice is committed to his West Ham contract and not a move to Manchester United.In an interview reported by football.london, Rice opens up…“He had good moments in part of the game [in the league against Spurs], he also had bad moments, but he is not the first player that needs some time to know what is the Premier League.“But what I don’t have any doubt about with Felipe is his performance or his commitment with the team. He knows his performances must improve and he is giving his best to do it.“I trust a lot in him and he is always a player that can make easy mistakes but can also give you different things.”