Written by Beau Lund January 26, 2021 /Sports News – National Tom Brady’s father opens up about three-week battle with COVID-19 FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailBarry Chin/The Boston Globe via Getty ImagesBy ABC News(NEW YORK) — Tom Brady, the star quarterback of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, is currently training hard for the Super Bowl in two weeks. However, little did fans know, Brady was secretly worrying about his parents at the start of the season because they were battling COVID-19.Tom Brady Sr. opened up about his diagnosis on ESPN Radio’s #Greeny about how he and his wife Galynn — both 76 — both tested positive for the virus. However, the patriarch revealed he needed to be hospitalized for three weeks because he was “sick as a dog.”The elder Brady said the virus was so severe, it prevented them from watching their son’s first two games, something that never happened before.“We’ve never missed a game at Michigan or New England or wherever,” he explained. “For the first two games when I was in the hospital, I didn’t even care if they were playing — much less missing the game. It was a matter of life and death, just like anybody who goes to the hospital. That’s serious stuff.”Galynn, he adds, is a breast cancer survivor and expressed gratitude that the virus didn’t affect her nearly as much. He adds that one of his daughters, who is a nurse, cared for her while he was hospitalized.Adds Tom Sr., his son really struggled during his hospitalization and would “FaceTime me every day on his way to and from practice.”“Tommy fought through it, and so now it’s in the rearview mirror,” noted the family patriarch, adding that his son was “stressed out” by the ordeal. Now, everyone can focus on the upcoming Big Game against the Kansas City Chiefs.“Getting to the 10th Super Bowl in 19 years of playing is pretty — it’s incomprehensible,” said Brady Sr., “It’s beyond anything we could ever imagine.”Copyright © 2021, ABC Audio. All rights reserved.
Increase competitive grant programs to address criticalnutrition, food security and environmental needs.Restore funds cut from the Expanded Food and NutritionEducation Program (EFNEP) and increase funding.Increase funding for institutions that serve minorities.Restore the $20.6 million in Cooperative State Research,Education and Extension Services programs cut last year. The subcommittee heard also heard testimony from Mel Garber, CAESassociate dean for extension; Clifton Baile, distinguishedprofessor and Georgia Research Alliance eminent scholar inagricultural biotechnology; Donald Reeves, supervisory researchagronomist with the U.S. Department of Agriculture AgriculturalResearch Service; and David Swayne, director of the USDA-ARSSoutheast Poultry Research Lab.(Cat Holmes is a news editor with the University of GeorgiaCollege of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.) By Cat HolmesUniversity of GeorgiaTwo University of Georgia deans and others told of criticalfunding needs for the state’s research and extension programs in a congressional subcommittee hearing Monday in Athens, Ga.The UGA deans testified on behalf of the Georgia AgriculturalExperiment Stations and Cooperative Extension Service before theU.S. House of Representatives agriculture subcommittee onconservation, credit, rural development and research. U.S. Rep.Frank Lucas (R-Okla.), chairman, and Rep. Max Burns (R-Ga.)represented the subcommittee.Gale Buchanan of the College of Agricultural and EnvironmentalSciences and Sharon Nickols of the College of Family and ConsumerScience said extension and research programs are vital to thehealth of the U.S. economy and its citizens. Federal funding,they said, is critical to maintain them.’Taken for granted'”America’s integrated agricultural research, extension andeducation system is the finest in the world,” Buchanan said.”(These) programs have been highly successful but are,unfortunately, taken for granted.””Taken for granted” has meant losses to reduced and stagnantfederal funding and rising inflation, he said. Over the pastdecade, land-grant universities have lost more than half of thefederal buying power that supports these programs.Nickols provided a graphic illustration.”Of the 242 counties designated as ‘persistently poor’ in arecent study of 11 Southern states,” she said, “91 are inGeorgia.” But the number of FCS extension agents to serve 8million Georgians in 159 counties is down to 45.FCS extension agents focus on teaching the most at-risk familiesabout food safety, nutrition and health, child and familydevelopment, financial security and housing.RecommendationsBuchanan recommended four ways to support extension and researchprograms.
By Dialogo May 23, 2011 According to the ministry, Joint Operation Amazonia 2011 aims to “improve the training of the three branches in order to act in a coordinated and effective manner in conventional conflicts in a jungle environment,” and will additionally provide the impetus for “civic-social” actions with the area’s population. Starting on 23 May, the Brazilian Army, Air Force, and Navy will conduct an enormous joint exercise in the Amazon region, mobilizing around 4,500 men for operations simulating war in the jungle, the Defense Ministry announced. The exercises will be held in an area “of approximately 800,000 square kilometers,” the ministry announced, from the city of Manaos to Yauarete, on the border with Colombia, and encompassing important Brazilian cities situated along the major Amazonian rivers. “This is a significant operation, the largest in recent years, and will include activity and simulations by the three branches of the armed forces, with a meaningful number of personnel, with a unified central command,” a Defense Ministry spokesperson told AFP. The exercises will begin on 23 May, and operations are expected to conclude only on 3 June. According to the ministry, Brazil will still organize similar operations this year in other regions of the country, especially in border areas. The ministry spokesperson indicated to AFP that Navy hospital ships and Army mobile clinics are expected to participate in order to bring medical and dental care to the inhabitants of isolated regions in the jungle.
Brookville, IN —The Franklin County Community School Corporation released a statement today saying that per Governor Eric Holcomb’s Executive Order 20-39, the school corporation will be making revisions to the reopening plans that allow for students to remove face coverings when in the classroom, spaced a minimum of 3 feet apart, and students are all facing in the same directions. In the last revision on July 29, masks were to stay on unless the students were eating or drinking, at recess, in the class and 6 feet apart, engaged in strenuous physical activity, or for a documented medical reason.The requirement for teachers to wear a face-covering if not able to maintain a distance of 6 feet does not change.