Tennessee Announces 2 Of Its Former Football Players Have Passed Away

first_imgAn upper deck view of the field at Neyland Stadium.KNOXVILLE, TN – SEPTEMBER 12: A general view during a game between the UCLA Bruins and the Tennessee Volunteers on September 12, 2009 at Neyland Stadium in Knoxville, Tennessee. The Bruins beat the Volunteers 19-15. (Photo by Joe Murphy/Getty Images)The Tennessee football family lost a pair of members recently. Two former Volunteer letterwinners have passed away.Earlier: This morning, the program confirmed the deaths of Michael Whitehead and William “Buck” Buxton. Both were former defensive linemen at UT.Whitehead played for the program in the mid-1980s while Buxton suited up in the mid-1990s.Tennessee honored them on Twitter today.Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of our #VFLs who recently passed away.Michael Whitehead (DL, 1985-87)William “Buck” Buxton (DL, 1996-97) pic.twitter.com/LdsckVqCc7— Tennessee Football (@Vol_Football) May 23, 2018Whitehead passed away unexpectedly on May 18. There is a GoFundMe account for his family that has already raised more than $3,000.Information on Buxton’s death is sparse. We’ll update you if more becomes available.Our thoughts and prayers are with the families and friends of both players, as well as with the Tennessee football community.Rest in peace Michael and Buck.Update: We mentioned earlier that info on Buck Buxton’s passing was limited publicly, but his sister-in-law reached out to The Spun and informed us that Buck passed away yesterday of a massive heart attack.His funeral services will be on Saturday.last_img read more

Charles Saatchi to divorce wife TV chef Nigella Lawson after assaulting her

AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email LONDON – Prominent art collector Charles Saatchi said Sunday he is divorcing his celebrity chef wife Nigella Lawson because she did not publicly defend his reputation after images emerged of him grasping her throat in a posh London restaurant.Tabloid newspapers last month published photos of the incident, which Saatchi described as a “playful tiff” during an intense debate about the couple’s children.The 70-year-old Saatchi was given a police “caution” after admitting assault.He told Britain’s Mail on Sunday newspaper that he was “sorry” to announce he will be divorcing Lawson, adding that they have become “estranged” and drifted apart over the past year.“‘I feel that I have clearly been a disappointment to Nigella during the last year or so, and I am disappointed that she was advised to make no public comment to explain that I abhor violence of any kind against women, and have never abused her physically in any way,” he said.In what the tabloid called an “exclusive statement” breaking the news to Lawson, Saatchi also suggested that Lawson had herself grasped his neck in a similar fashion in the past.The Mail on Sunday said that Lawson was not made aware of the divorce move prior to publication.Lawson and Saatchi married in 2003 and lived in London with Lawson’s son and daughter from her marriage to journalist John Diamond, who died of cancer in 2001, and Saatchi’s daughter from a previous marriage.Lawson’s spokesman Mark Hutchinson — who previously has confirmed that she and her children left the family home after the photos were published — declined to comment on Saatchi’s statement.Lawson is a well-known TV presenter and chef whose cookbooks are bestsellers in Britain and the United States.Saatchi, co-founder of the Saatchi & Saatchi ad agency, owns one of London’s biggest private art galleries. He was the main patron of the Young British Artists movement of the 1990s, which made household names of artists including Damien Hirst and Tracey Emin. by The Associated Press Posted Jul 7, 2013 8:43 am MDT Charles Saatchi to divorce wife, TV chef Nigella Lawson, after assaulting her at a restaurant read more

Environmental protestors suspected of orchestrating Gatwick drone chaos

Security services along with the military were called in last night to help to capture the drone pilot who had tormented police armed with sniper rifles and airport authorities since 9pm on Wednesday night. Environmental protestors were suspected of orchestrating a drone attack that shut down Gatwick airport amid questions over how they could wreak chaos for 24 hours. Travellers, including pregnant women and children, slept on the airport floor while aircraft wanting to land were diverted…–– ADVERTISEMENT –– The repeated appearance of the drone within Gatwick’s one-kilometre no-fly zone forced more than 760 flights to be grounded and the travel pans of 110,000 passengers five days before Christmas to be ruined.