Police to investigate zookeepers death despite previously describing it as nonsuspicious

first_imgCarnivore Keeper Rosa King with the tigers at Hamerton Zoo Park, on World Tiger DayCredit:Peterborough Tel / SWNS.com Carnivore Keeper Rosa King with the tigers at Hamerton Zoo Park, on World Tiger Day The district council, which is responsible for issuing the zoo’s licence, said: “Both the police and the council are working together within routine protocols to progress investigations into the incident as efficiently and effectively as possible.”It has emerged the zoo’s owners were warned about their ageing barriers four years ago.The zoo described Ms King’s death as a “freak accident”, but it was heavily criticised in an inspection by officials in 2013 that forced it to make improvements. A Cambridgeshire Police spokeswoman said the decision to collaborate on the case had been made on Tuesday afternoon, but could not say why the force had changed its mind.A spokesman for the zoo said it was “co-operating fully with the investigation that is currently being conducted by Huntingdonshire District Council Environmental Health Department”. The wildlife park opened in June 1990 and covers 25 acres. It includes enclosures for Malaysian tigers, Bengal tigers, cheetahs, wolves, corsac foxes, kangaroos as well as a variety of birds, reptiles and domestic animals.The zoo opened a new enclosure for its Malaysian tigers in July last year. Police have launched an investigation into the death of zookeeper Rosa King, who was mauled by a tiger, despite previously describing it as “non-suspicious”.The 33-year-old was fatally attacked during an incident at Hamerton Zoo Park near Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, on Monday.Emergency services were called to the scene at around 11.15am but initially described Rosa’s death as “non-suspicious”. However, they have since launched a joint investigation with Huntingdon District Council, and officers were today seen arriving at the zoo. Show more Want the best of The Telegraph direct to your email and WhatsApp? Sign up to our free twice-daily  Front Page newsletter and new  audio briefings.last_img read more

PICK Szeged 19 od 19

← Previous Story Lekic and Radicevic two more years in ZRK Vardar! Next Story → RK Vardar extend contract with five players – Dibirov until 2020 in Skopje! Pick Szeged In Round 19 league leaders Pick Szeged travelled to fifth-placed Gyöngyös, who have final four dreams in the Hungarian Championship. The guests were the favourites to win even without Blazevic and Garcia Parrondo who are still recuperating. Gábor Ancsin’s injured knee has healed completely however so he was available for coach Juan Carlos Pastor.In front of a full house the home team quickly gained the lead. It didn’t last for long since Pick Szeged’s two Swedish players Kallman and Larholm took the initiative and by the middle of the first half Pick were 4 goals up (6-10). Gyöngyös could only get a bit closer but at the end of the first half the four-goal difference remained (14-18). Mindegia showed portions of his performance before his injury, which was crucial to Pick’s overall play.The home team could keep the pace until the middle of the second half. Pick were constantly 3-4 goals up but suddenly (in only four minutes!) they doubled their lead (49th minute 24-31) and deciced the fate of the match. Prce was fine again, Larholm scored from penalties and Ancsin was also effective thus showing he would be able to play for longer periods.On Wednesday Pick will meet No. 4 Tatabánya in Szeged then on 1 March they are travelling to Veszprém to decide who will start the play-off from first place.Gyöngyös-Pick Szeged 26-35 (14-18)Bs: Frey (7), Hajdú, Varsandán (5) / Larholm (7), Ancsin,Lasica (5)Text: Gábor Várkonyi, Péter Butty read more